《 28. The Loss 》

𝙰𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕, 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚍 

not enough ~ boygenius

R A G H A V

I had not expected Aditya to shock me to my core. Legit, when Janaki's Babasa told us that Aditya is planning to marry Chandani, I was bamboozled. I felt like my own brother fooled and cheated on me. He not only hid from me such an integral part of his life, that he really wanted to get married to Chandani but also went ahead and talked with her parents. He made me feel like I fucking didn't exist. 

So imagine my reaction when I was embarrassed in front of Janaki and her parents on missing such an intricate detail of my very own sibling's life. I knew very well that we weren't on good terms with one another, but never had it been so severe. Did I really want him to distance himself from me? No. Its not like I didn't beg from him for an apology. I did that too.

I apologised to him over and over, for not trusting him. But he was mordant, cold - hearted. Then I too relented. I also distanced myself from him and his life. Not because of my pride, but because of trying to salvage whatever of us could be saved and not let it perish by reminding him of why he couldn't trust me anymore. 

But today, this marriage thing, he literally crossed his limit. And when Janaki's father was questioning Babasa and our family's intention, there too Aditya stayed silent, which fuelled my anger towards him.

So after Babasa's answer that seemed to calm everyone, we all left. Janaki as I guess would be answering her father and his doubts about us, all because of Aditya's stupid mistake and stubbornness. 

I wanted to confront him, ask him why did he have to talk about his marriage at this exact moment when I and Janaki were getting married. But I decided to talk to Babasa first as that would give me the background of the matter.

So I followed Babasa to his guest room in the palace. He too knew that this had enraged me.

On my way I heard some screaming from a room so I followed the noise and ended up standing in front of a room where I heard Janaki's father's voice.

"But what about the fact that Raghav was unaware of all this?" He said.

"Babasa and Maasa, Raghav is not at fault here. Why can't you see that?" Which I guess was Janaki's voice.

I smiled when she defended me.

"AND WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT RAGHAV IS NOT ON GOOD TERMS WITH HIS VERY OWN BROTHER? HOW CAN SUCH A MAN MAKE YOU HAPPY? HOW CAN YOU GET MARRIED INTO SUCH A TWISTED FAMILY WHO FAILS TO DEVELOP A GOOD BOND WITH ONE ANOTHER? A FATHER AND A BROTHER KEEPING SECRETS WITH THEIR VERY OWN BLOOD?" He yelled at her.

Ouch!

I closed my eyes to not vent my anger on him and instead I headed towards Babasa's room.

He said."Come in Raghav."

I entered his room and he was looking at me.