《 6. Dual POV 》

HIM (lyrics POV):

All I know is this could either break my heart
or bring it back to life
Got a feelin' your electric touch could fill this ghost town up with life
And I want you now, wanna need you forever
In the heat of your electric touch, mmm
I've been left in the rain lost and pining
I'm tryin' hard not to look like I'm tryin'
Cause every time I tried hard for love, it fell apart (whoa)

[Electric Touch (From The Vault) (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift]

HER (lyrics POV):

I'm headed straight for the castle
They wanna make me their queen
And there's an old man sitting on the throne
That's saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean
I'm headed straight for the castle
They've got the kingdom locked up
And there's an old man sitting on the throne
That's saying I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut
Straight for the castle

[Castle - Halsey]

Chapter 6 : DUAL POV

  J A N A K I

My phone buzzed with a text which read "DROP THE CASE" Who the heck is threatening me at 8:05 in the morning? Whoever it is they got no chill or they didn't sleep the whole night as they were busy thinking about the case that I might have decided to fight against them. If that's the thing, that they didn't sleep then I am glad to be the one who ruined their good night sleep. I smirk at the message, I have gotten numerous threats of such type to be affected by them in my career of five years. My funda is simple "Don't get involved in shit, to get the law banging on your door and you shifting in your seat." But people are so greed driven and so much lusting for more and more power that when they cross their limits lawyers like me need to show them their aukaat. (status)

"Janu!!'" Maasa warns. "How many times do I have to tell you that you need to keep your work life and family life separate?" "I'm sorry Maasa I won't repeat." I say .

Standing up from the breakfast setting I say,"Maasa, Babasa I need to reach office early as I have got a few appointments to deal with. Also, I am done with the paratha. I am full."

I touch their feet and before I could leave Babasa says,"Laddo, since you have taken the case against Rahul Khandelwal I just wish you all the best and if he tries to harm you just give me a call, okay? And shabaash beta, I am so proud of you to stand up against the evildoers."

I leave in my BMW and reach the office around 9.

"Rohini how many appointments do I exactly have?" I ask my secretary.

"7. But here's the case, four of your appointments out of seven have been booked by the same person. That means in originality you only have 3 appointments who are not booked by the same individual." She recites.

"WHAT? Who has booked four appointments?" I ask her.

"I am sorry they have asked me to not reveal their identity except that they have named themselves as R" she says nonchalantly.

"Okay, so you won't reveal to your boss who she has to engage with? I see you aren't doing your duties properly, I think....." I look at her teasingly.