Chapter 7: The Frog Revolution Pt. 1

French Revolution. One of the most important events in human's history... until now. The Revolution profoundly altered the course of , triggering the global decline of while replacing them with and . It had been a line between yesterday and now, and being a history fan myself it didn't come as a surprise when I tried to take down the power inside the private school I attended.

I couldn't say public schools were much better in that aspect, but ever since I had enrolled in a private institute I had felt caged. Maybe it was due to wearing the same clothes that hide my curves as if they were the demon every single day of my life (at least from monday to friday), or maybe the fact that I had to follow the same routine of getting up, being at school at a certain time, listen and take notes of whatever the teacher is saying and then blurt it back in repeat like a machine. It was a goddamn loophole and I couldn't see the point of it. Well... except for one class.

I had learnt to love History, even when I hated it in my early years. The teacher here was really cool and less structured than the others. He clearly put some effort on us not hating his subject, so I gave it a chance. He'd try to build down the lessons in a way that would be interesting to learn and he always gave room for a debate. However, there was a moment that changed my way of seeing things from that moment forward. The class about the French Revolution had totally blown me away. While most of my classmates didn't give it much importance, I couldn't stop thinking that so many people had given their lives to defend what they thought was right, and if it wasn't for them we'd still live in a world that looked much like a private school, with one ruler on the head of it. Ever since I had started to find awful similarities between monarchies and the school system, the Queen of it all being the Principal. Hey, at least she was a woman.

A loving text woke me up that day, reminding me that we had a quick test about limits of functions, so I made sure to peek at my book while I enjoyed a brief breakfast. And no, it didn't come from my tutor but my sweet boyfriend Jason, always seeking to spare my butt from another spanking. I decided he had earned something for his good gesture, so I made sure to stop by our favorite bagel shop and get a couple to brighten up his day. The trip of course caused me to be almost late to my first class, almost. I managed to arrive right on time before the teacher came into the classroom and hand the treats to the boy who always sat by my side along with a quick peck on the lips. Of course he teased me about it, but at least I passed the quick test the strict Math teacher had prepared to keep us 'bright and sharp', according to his own words.

As I walked to my next class I couldn't help to notice my tutor standing by the copying machine in the computer's room, almost falling asleep on top of the big device. I couldn't resist myself to tease him a bit, so I happily made my way to his side once he emerged from the room with his arms filled with copies. Uh hellooo Paul, green initiative please.

"Good morning sunshine" I smiled as I walked along with one of the most badass teachers in school. I felt privileged I was the only one who could talk to him like that.

"Formalities Jessie, please" Paul reminded me grumpily, his eyes almost shut. He definitely had an early morning.

"What? I said good morning, didn't I?" I kept on my teasing tone but I had to stop when two blue orbs stared at me intensely. "Fine, sorry" I gave up before I could get in trouble for something so stupid.

"No, I'm sorry. I had to get up really early today and walk to school" he apologized for his bad mood and let out a yawn right on cue.

"You what? Why didn't you ask me for a lift? We live a couple blocks away" I asked while slightly frowning at my stubborn guardian. He seriously couldn't walk rather than ask me for help.

"Because I had to be here really early and I didn't feel like dragging you out of bed. You should thank me" the clever teacher quickly countered back and I was left with no arguments. I struggled enough to get to school on a normal time, thank you very much.