Chapter Fourteen

****A/N: wow. you probably all hate me for this story. But I was really struggling with continuing it, so I just decided to start with a clean slate. At the end of chapter thirteen, I destroyed all progress I had made thereafter, and so it took me a while to get back on track. So hopefully I'm back on this story.****

Chapter Fourteen

The next day, I felt mostly stiff. But I showered once again and got dressed, and the simple action made me feel a little better. While I had showered, Liam had boarded up the window, and added extra locks to each window and door, which I couldn't decide if I liked or not.

I was safer from whoever was trying to break in, but it also made it harder for me to get out, to be my own person. Although at this point, maybe it was better for me to be locked up.

Liam had also invited Ed over again, and they were in the living room talking. I made some chamomile tea for myself, sitting on one of the empty couches. Liam gave me a sweet smile, and Ed looked between the two of us.

"I have a performance tonight, Arianne, and I'd like to run the setlist by you, okay?" Liam said, picking up a sheet of paper. "It's all the same from the other times, except I'm ending it with a different song."

"Okay. And that song is?"

"Falling Slowly."

I grinned. "Really? I love that song." I really did. I probably listened to it more than necessary, but it was so cute.

"That's what I thought. But I may need a little help memorizing the lyrics, so you might have to help me today and practice," he said seriously. "Okay?"

I nodded quickly, taking a sip of my tea. "Sounds good to me."

Ed leaned back, ruffling his own hair and yawning. "How are you feeling today, Arianne?"

"Okay. Tired and stiff. The pain meds are working well though," I said with a giggle.

I had helped Liam all day with the song, and he even taught me the harmony. I went along with what he said, probably because I was high as a kite with the medicine he kept pumping through me. Ed left a couple hours after Liam first proposed the song to me, so we were alone for a while, just going over the lyrics and how his part goes. It was kind of fun, to my medicated mind.

Three hours before his performance, he declared I should take a nap, so I did, which knocked an hour out of my schedule, and when I woke up I had to get ready. I curled my hair and applied dark makeup, and Liam set a small white bag with tissue paper next to me.

"What's that?" I asked.

Liam just smiled softly, kissing my cheek. "It's for you, love."

My brows raised. A gift? Liam got me a gift? "You didn't have to-"

"After what happened, I think you deserved it, kitten. Just open it."

I put the bag in my lap, throwing the tissue paper away. In the bag was a dressy material. Peachish tan bottoms with a black lace over the tan material on top. A romper. The waist cinched with a small tie, and it looked and felt expensive. Unfortunately, the tag was gone, so I couldn't see if I was right.

"It's so cute," I whispered.

"You'll look amazing in it, I just know," he claimed, beaming at me, obviously proud of his fashion sense.