Chapter Twenty One

PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER

Chapter Twenty One

Harry was over in record time, a camera in hand while he ordered us not to touch anything. He grabbed the photograph and popped it in a plastic bag before taking pictures of the front door and inspecting it on both sides.

Liam was holding onto me tightly as tears welled in my eyes. "It's okay," he cooed repeatedly, stroking my hair. "Everything is alright."

Niall reached out and touched my hand soothingly. "No one's going to hurt you, Ari."

Liam was watching Harry curiously, and Niall mumbled something softly. I couldn't even focus. All I could think about was the fact that someone had been in my closet and taking pictures of me as I changed. Who knows what else the stranger saw, and what photos he hadn't shown us yet?

"Arianne," Liam hummed, kissing my cheek. "Let's go to your apartment."

"You have your own apartment?" Harry quizzed. I nodded slowly. "Perfect. You'll be safer there, and this way I can work on all this quick and be able to go through it all right away."

Liam bobbed his head. "Yeah, okay. Is there anything else you need?"

"I'll need the address to send the results to."

Liam grabbed me a piece of paper and a pen, letting me write it down. My handwriting was crap due to the shakiness of my hands. But it was legible.Harry took it and gave me a quick smile.

"Thank you, kiddo. I'm going to take care of all this for you. I promise."

<>

Lila screamed when she saw me. Her arms wrapped around me securely, burying my face in her shoulder. "You're back!" She squealed.

I giggled, but it was strained. All the weight of the situation hit me as I hugged her, and all at once I was a sobbing mess. I hadn't realized how much I missed her until just now, or how much I missed my home.

She pulled away from me and glared at Liam. "Have you been treating her well, you dick?!" She snapped.

Liam chuckled, stroking my hair again. "Yes. But that's sort of why we're here. Could her and I, possibly one of my other mates crash here tonight?"

Lila blinked up at him like he was stupid. "You mean can Arianne sleep in the apartment she owns and pays rent to? Sure, why not," she grumbled.

I laughed softly, wiping my eyes. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, cutie."

Liam pushed me inside, glancing around before closing the door behind him. "Niall is going to come over tonight and bring us all dinner and dessert. How does that sound for you girls?" He tested.

"It better be Chinese!" Lila claimed, grasping my hand and pulling me away. "And for dessert... Something chocolatey. I want chocolate oozing out of my ears. Now Arianne and I are going to have a girl's night, so leave us be."

Liam glanced at me with one brow raised then back to my friend. This was his "I beg to differ" face.

"Lila... there's some things we need to explain."

<>

"Oh." That was all she said. And then she kept repeating it until suddenly she jumped up to her feet. "I was prepared for something like this!"

She ran to the coat closet and started throwing coats and jackets out of the way and onto the floor. When she was finished, she spun and Liam let out a loud curse.