Hostile Encounters

"Shhh! I hear something!" Neil said as he paused his introduction of the Dead Poet Society Club.

"Oh quit trying to scare us," Knox said unimpressed.

"No for real listen, it sounds like a woman singing," Neil said as he closed the book and cupped his hand around his ear.

"You'll have to try harder than that Neil," Meeks said not buying into it.

"No, I hear it too," Todd said as he listened closely with Neil. If the club didn't believe Neil they would believe Todd, he wasn't one to taunt around. The gang remained silent as they heard the voice coming closer.

It wasn't singing but more like a woman humming. "That's it we're done for! This ghost lady is going to kill us!" Pitts panicked.

"Shut up will you!" Cameron said frightened as well. The melody came closer until it reached the cave loud and clear.

Y/n made her way to her cave while holding a long stick she found on her journey. Her song was sweet and serene. She entered the cave not even noticing the group of boys. It was a cold night so she had a long coat with the hood on and a scarf that covered most of her face.

Neil thought it would be only right to speak up for the girl. "Um hello?" He said softly.

The girls spun around terrified as she used the stick that she was walking with as a weapon. "Who's there?!" She asked as she feared for her life.

Neil flashed the light towards his face. "It's okay we're not here to hurt you, I'm Neil," he said trying to meet her acquaintance. "These are my friends, Knox, Charlie, Meeks, Pitts, Cameron and Todd.

"What are you guys doing here?" Y/n asked still using the stick as a weapon.

"Reading Poetry," Neil said as he raised the book. Y/n paused for a moment as looked at the gang perplexed. "Here take a look yourself," he said as he handed Y/n the book. Y/n took the book with one hand as she held her cane with the other. She skimmed through the book, there were handwritten notes in the margins.

"We can even tell you the intro word for word," a tall boy spoke out.

Todd stayed in the back of the cave, he tried his best to get a look at her face but it was still covered, all he saw were a pair of eyes. Beautiful eyes.

"You know why we're down here, so why are you?" One of the boys asked in a flirtatious tone. (Even though she was told their names she wasn't quite sure who was who).

"I used to come down here during the summer, now that it's getting colder I wanted to take a look at the place," Y/n confessed.

"At 1:14 in the morning," Knox said raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't want to scare my folks," she said as she handed back the book.

"Well in that case let us put on a show for you madame," Neil said bowing down at Y/n. "But everything comes with a price," he said with a catch.

"And that is?" Y/n said as she took a seat on a nearby bolder that was attached to the cave wall.

"We must see your face m'lady," Charlie said with a sly smile.

"That's your price?" Y/n said as she enjoyed the game that the boys were playing.

"Hey it's only fair," he said truthfully.

"I suppose," Y/n confessed. She pulled off her hood to reveal her lovely hair, she then unwrapped the scarf that was around her face to reveal her beautiful face.

All the boys fell instantly in love with her including Todd. He fell the hardest.

"Alright boys huddle up," Neil said pumped up. They planned to divide one poem and present it with an act.

"Neil- you know I can't do this!" Todd silently panicked.

"Yes, you can! Your up last!" Neil said as he shoved him into position. They got into a straight line one behind another and we're ready to perform.

"A poem by The Dead Poets!" Neil introduced. "A day in life is a breath of fresh air," he said starting the line.

"That is whenever it's with you," Charlie said as he with a smooth wink.

"But the way they are presumed," Meek's uttered blushing as he walked to the back of the line.

"For it is not the supple words you speak," Cameron with a slick manner.

"I take it you feel the same of my love but for who?" Pitts announced in a deep voice.

"Nevertheless, you'll never understand how deeply my devotion runs," Knox said with a slight rasp.

"Just know that all my love is for you," Todd stuttered as he reached the end of the line. He had noticed how far the line stretched out and how close he was to the pretty stranger.

They paused for a moment as they gazed at one another. It was love at first sight.

Y/n then snapped out of it and clapped her hands together, "bravo," she said as she blushed. "This has been great but I should soon be off," Y/n announced as she stood up.

"We need to get going as well it's almost 2," Neil said as he grabbed his jacket.

"At last, I bid thee farewell," Charlie said as he took Y/n's hand and kissed it. All the boys followed in his lead and kissed Y/n's hand goodnight.

"Until we meet again," they all said or, "I will count the days."

When it came to Todd's turn he gently grabbed Y/n's hand and place a warm kiss. He didn't say a word he just looked deep into her eyes, as she stared back.

"Well, I should be going," Y/n said sheepishly as she gave herself some distance.

"We come here every Friday night, will we see you again?" Neil asked on behalf of everyone.

"Maybe," Y/n said mysteriously. And with that, she took one last at Todd and head off, "bye!"

"Aw I'm in love," Charlie said as he held his heart and swooned.

"I saw that kiss," Neil told Todd as they walked back together with a smirk. Todd didn't say a word he just relieved the memory in his mind. The way she smiled after his lips met her hand.

"Y'know what the kicker is?" Neil said with the same smirk, "she didn't even tell us her name."