Dinner Party Part Two: I Won't Let That Happen

"I'd- better fix some coffee for our guests," Y/n's mother said holding back tears as she gracefully exited the hall.

Y/n quickly stepped into the dining room pretending as though she didn't just hear her father sign her life away.

"Oh sweetie these look wonderful," Mrs. Anderson said as she helped Y/n serve the tray of goodies to the rest of the guests.

Y/n had to clear her mind. She knew she needed to stay calm, once she saw Todd's face light up as she entered the room her mind was at ease.

'I'm not going to let him ruin this for me,' she thought to herself.

"Y/n you become quite the young lady, a and stunning too," Mrs. Anderson said with a clever smirk. "Don't you think so Todd?" She asked.

Todd's tensed under the question, "pardon?" He asked stupidly.

Mrs. Anderson looked over at Y/n with a sweet giggle, this made Y/n feel at ease and slightly at home.

"Coffee anyone?" Y/n's mother said as she entered the room with a million-dollar smile, you would have never known she had just argued with her abusive husband.

"Ladies you've outdone yourself!" Mr. Anderson said as they finished their dessert. "I don't think there's anything you ladies can't do."

"Well thank you," Y/n's mother said as she cleared the plates. Y/n could see that Mr. Anderson's compliments made her father feel irritated.

"I'm serious," Mr. Anderson pressed on, "you ladies are the backbone of our world-"

"Hey," Y/n's father said cutting Mr. Anderson off, "why don't I show you the cellar? I've got a Brandy I've been saving!"

"I suppose," Mr. Anderson said skeptically, and with that, they were off.

"Speaking of which," Mrs. Anderson said as she conducted another technique, "didn't you say you were working on a dress for your daughter?"

"Let's go upstairs and I'll show you!" Y/n mother said excitedly as she understood her plan. Mrs. Anderson wants to give Y/n and Todd some unaccompanied time together.

Todd and Y/n sat at the table confused at the fact that everyone had left. This made him completely silent, even more so than he already. "Well," Y/n said laughing it off, "I guess we're off the hook!"

"Ya," Todd said timidly.

"What do you suppose we do?" Y/n wondered as she looked in Todd's direction.

She saw him slightly squirm in his seat out of bashfulness, "I dunno," he said as he finally looked over at the lovely girl, "w-we could talk."

Y/n giggle at his soft charm, making Todd feel even more sheepish. "Come on," she said as she got up, "let's go to the living room."

Todd followed Y/n to the living room, where she turned on the television set. "So I take it you don't play any sports," she assumed.

"No," Todd simply answered.

"The boys down here are all beef head," she explained. "Football is all anyone can talk about, I'm not one for sports either." She said as she sat on the couch. "What do you do for leisure?" She asked.

"I dunno," he said quietly.

"Oh come on," Y/n teased, "there must be something, singing, acting?" She said ridiculously as she leaned a tad closer to the boy.

Todd laughed, "no, I'm not much," he said honestly.

"Me neither," Y/n said as she looked at him. Within a short amount of time, Y/n already understood Todd.

"But you're smart and beautiful," Todd blurted out trying to build Y/n's self-esteem. This made Y/n spin her head towards the innocent guy sitting next to her. Todd realized what he had just said as his face turned red, "I didn't mean-"

Y/n stood up as she slightly turned up the volume, "care to dance?" She asked as she stuck out her hand.

Todd quickly stood up, "I've never- I don't," he labelled on.

"It's easy," Y/n said as she took Todd's hand and placed them onto her body. She then slipped her hands over his shoulders, they soon began to say with the music. Todd couldn't help but grin, stuff like this would happen to Knox, Charlie- even Pitties had more luck with the ladies. Not even in Todd's wildest dreams did he think something like this would happen to him.

'I think I love Y/n,' Todd thought to himself.

They soon became adventurous while dancing, Todd began to spin Y/n, she cackled while doing so. "Shhh," he warned with a low chuckle, "our parents will hear us!" He would swing her around, making sure she would always return right back in his arms.

Soon they slowed down, looking into each other's eyes. Time had stopped and it was just them, against the odds.

"I think I love you," Y/n said reading Todd's mind. "I mean we've only met each other this evening and know very little about one another but-"

"I feel it too," Todd said as he looked down at Y/n as he held her close.

"Todd my father wants me to marry soon," she blurted out. "To a man who works in manual labour- I'm not going to have a say in my future, I just found out 20 minutes ago." Todd felt pain in the pit of his stomach, "we might not see each other again-"

"Hey, slow down," Todd soothed as he took Y/n face with his hands. "I'll see you, if you want this as much as I do we can make it."

Todd then slowly began to lean down to place a kiss on Y/n's soft pink lips. Y/n slowly closed her eyes as she prepared her for her first kiss. But before their lips could touch Y/n's mother appeared with the new dress she had made her.

"Y/n dear I just finished your new- oh my!" she said surprised as she saw her daughter about to be kissed.

To Be Continued~