It's Not What It Looks Like

"Todd wait up!" Neil said as he sprinted down the hallways.

"What's up," Todd asked in his usual low voice.

"Mr. Keating asked a favour of me but I forgot I have a rehearsal tonight," he said referring to the play he was in. "Anyways I promised him that I'd help the new kid get caught up with the homework."

"We have a newcomer?" Todd asked looking back at his friend.

"The room is 189, do you think you can do it, please!" Neil begged.

"Ya- sure okay," Todd said giving in, even though it's not how he wanted to spend his Friday night.

"Alright, you're the man Todd!" Neil declared as he squeezed his friend's shoulders. "7:30 pm in room 189- don't forget it!" He wailed as he ran down the halls.

Todd checked his watch. He had enough time to have a quick supper before having to do his tutoring. Soon 7:27 rolled around he made his way to the dorms.

"187, 188, ah there you are 189," he said as he made his way down the hallway.

'Weird,' Todd thought to himself, 'I thought the third floor was only for staff.'

He turned the knob to see a packed suitcase on the naked bed mattress. "Hello?" He said softly, "anyone in here?" He asked slowly letting himself into the room quiet room. He then looked at the desk to find a note.

Gone to pick up my books- be back soon!

Todd read the note and placed it back on the desk. He then began to stroll around the room, he looked out the window to see that they had a better view than he did. He then looked at the brown suitcase that laid on the bed. Todd tried to figure out the initials that were engraved and began to make up names for the person.

'Who was this guy? Why did he have a room all to himself on the third floor? He's probably a teacher's son or someone who's going to be important,' he concluded to himself.

Todd then noticed something that he soon would regret. Something was hanging out of one of the dark brown suitcases.

It looked like the strap of the undershirt but more- shinier? Like it was made out of silk.

'What is this?' Todd thought to himself as he lifted the material. He knew that he shouldn't go through other people's things but this curiosity was seriously aching at him. He hesitantly cracked opened while holding his breath. Todd saw the required uniform, nothing more to it, just another branded Welton Academy jacket.

He then looked at the silk strap and proceeded to tug at it, it was slowly coming out. He gave it a quick tug out of the suitcase by the white strap just to realize what it was.

'A bra?' He said confused as his cheeks grew pink.

"What are you doing?" A voice call by the door.

Todd turned his head to see a girl hugging books close to her chest.

"I- you! It's Not What It Looks Like!" Todd panicked still holding the piece of undergarment. "Neil was supposed to be here but I took his place and he told me to come to room 189 at 7:30! So when I got here the room was empty and there was a note, I looked around the room thinking you were someone else- someone like me! A guy!" Todd rambled on out of worry.

"It's okay," Y/n said as she placed the books on her nearby desk and walked up to the boy.

"I'm Y/n," she said graciously. A very faint smile grew on Todd's face, she was stunning.

"I'll take that," Y/n said as she slipped the bra out of his hands. At this point, Todd felt like he could die from his humiliation.

"Sorry, again," Todd said sincerely.

"Don't worry about it," she asserted softly. "So do you wanna get started on the work?" She asked examining the pile of books on the desk.

"I feel like I kinda owe you one," Todd admitted.

Y/n giggle at his response. Todd thought her laugh was like an Angel's and that she was as pretty as one too. "Let's get started," Y/n said with a warm smile.