Oblivious - Jakehoon

Jake's pov:

"I don't want to."

This is the usual response i have been getting from Sunghoon for the past few weeks. Everytime i ask him to do something with me he either makes an excuse or just straight up refuses because he doesn't want to.

We are drifting apart with each passing day and i don't know what to do. I miss my best friend. I miss those times when we used to go shopping together, when we used to spend all of our free time with eachother doing random shit.

Right now we were all just sitting around when he said he was bored. I was sitting between him and Heeseung hyung with him sitting atleast one arm away from me. Isn't that too much? Its like he is intentionally trying to avoid touching me now, when just a few months ago we would literally be sprawled over eachother without a care in the world.

I asked him if he wants to play some games with me and Heeseung hyung. And he refused. I mean didn't he just say he was bored.

"Okay no games then. What do you want to do?" I ask him again, trying to keep my rising frustration and anger out of my tone.

But Heeseung hyung being Heeseung hyung senses that something is wrong and puts his hand on my thigh to calm me down. Sunghoon turns to look at me and is about to say something when his eyes fall to my legs and he looks back up at me with a glare that has me freezing in my place.

We have all seen how cold and scary Sunghoon can be when he is angry. But never before has that anger been directed towards me. We might have gotten into petty arguments but we always manage to solve them before it turns into a full blown fight. But this doesn't seem like a petty argument anymore.

"I don't want to do anything with you." The anger in his voice is so undeniable that even Sunoo, Niki, Jay and Jungwon who were in their own world up until now turn to look at us quizzically.

I have had enough of his bullshit. "What the fuck do you mean? What have i even done to you?" By now i am standing with my fists clenched at my sides. He stands up too and opens his mouth to say something but i don't let him.

"You have been a bitch to me for weeks now. I don't even know what went wrong between us. Didn't we say that we will always have eachother and that nothing will break our friendship apart. Heck some people call us soulmates. Maybe they should see us now. See how you hate sitting next to me. See how you are starting to hate me. And i don't even know why."

"You are a fucking idiot." There is no trace of anger in his voice now. Just indifference. And i didn't know that would hurt more than him being angry at me. "And i am too." He whispers but i hear him.

I don't realise that there are tears pooling in my eyes until they spill out onto my cheeks and i notice Sunghoon's eyes have turned glossy too. But he turns and leaves the room before anyone could see him crying.

I don't wait for the others to say anything and just go to my room to bury myself in my blanket. I hate how i start crying everytime i get too angry about something. I hate how i don't even know if i am crying because i am angry or if it is because the one person that i cherish with all my life might not talk to me normally ever again.

I don't know how much time had passed with me just crying my eyes out. The tears have dried up now and i am just staring blankly at the ceiling.

I feel someone trying to climb up the bed and see Niki sliding in next to me. He lies down with his back to the wall, one hand pillowed under his head and the other thrown over my stomach. We were both quiet and i am grateful that he doesn't ask me anything. After a while he sits up and looks at me.