8

Her lips were raw by the time they decided to part ways. He stared down her masked eyes, barely making out her wide eyes and lashes through the mesh thanks to his amazing sight. He could see her breath cloud the air with the temperature dropping as it got later that night. He wanted to stay and kiss her more. The more they moved with one another, the more he wanted to unmask her and have his way. He would become addicted to her lips if he continued. It felt so natural, but all good things must come to an end.

"I've got to get out of here," he whispered against her cheek. His head dipped to her shoulder, steadying his breathing as he heard a wail in the distance and FWOMP FWOMP of a helicopter in the sky.

"Go before I decided to kick you ass," she said quietly, placing both hands on his shoulder. She was itching to wrap him up and send him to jail, but after what happened, she couldn't think of having him locked up. He was her first kiss, and she couldn't help wanting him to stick around for more. She never had a boy show any interest, and here he is flirting and kissing her like she was made for him.

He backed up, smirking in her direction before walking toward the ledge. "I'd fix your lipstick if I were you," he mused, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. A pink hue smeared his mouth and cheek, and I threw my fingers up to pull my mask down. I muttered an 'asshole', watching him jump down swinging in the distance. He was always leaving that way... did he live in Manhattan? He said he was like Robin Hood, so probably not then. Queens or Brooklyn seemed more for him.

She walked to the ledge, ready to jump before hearing a loud scream in the opposite direction. With a THWIP, she was on her way.

Arriving, she was completely astonished at the scene before her. Large mutated looking rats were making their way down the busy streets of downtown, slamming into vehicles and attacking innocent bystanders. Libbey shook her head, beginning to restrain the creatures. A string attached to a light pole gave her the aerial advantage as her foot met with the face of the mutated rat, almost attacking a group of girls.

"Where the hell did you guys come from?" She groaned as she continued to try and restrain them all, noticing a small yellow tag on a few of their ears. LEX CORP in bold letters. "Fucking Lexington..." She found herself swinging down side streets as she ranged the strange beast noticing NYPD making a barrier for civilians to stay behind. Well that's not much help now...

Libbey was exhausted by the end noticing her mother not far off reporting through the camera the events that went down tonight. She swung landing next to her giving a peace sign to the camera. "I'm not from Texas, but I can sure rangle up some cattle... even if the cattle is a rodent." She laughed before swinging off in the distance. She listened for more crimes, but headed home exhausted.

Such a good night turned to crap so fast, she thought to herself as she laid in bed. She really thought Paralysis and her would fight again. It came to a shock that the fighting would be between their tongues and not their fist. Her father asked if she had run into him and felt guilty of the lie. He was her father before her sidekick, as she liked to tease him about. Also, the fact these rats came from Lex Corp means that her dad was somehow involved.

The holidays came up soon, and she didn't discover much more about Lex Corp. Her father designed her a new suit that helped with the snow that was coming in, and it even had a red hood to keep the wind from blowing too hard. She didn't see much of Paralysis which made her sad. She felt he was avoiding her after what happened or he was laying low after some big heist the same night as the rat incident. He might have caused that as a distraction, but she would never know since she couldn't ask him.

She was able to take a break from normal school life that she finally got back on track. Her parents were realizing she didn't care so much about academics anymore, but in heroism. They started asking about her plans for the future, but she couldn't think of anything. The violin was starting to bore her even.