Chapter Five

(Kind of short. So sorry)
You might want to remember the quotes in the picture on the side or like wherever it is on what you're reading.
Malia's pov

We made it to Morgan's house and back without any trouble. Today Morgan has a doctor's app to go to that he refuses to tell me about. So, I'm going to drop him off there and head on to school. After he's done he's going to take the bus to the café. I told him I'd come and get him, but he told me no. Just straight up no. I didn't understand why he wouldn't tell me what the appointment was and why I couldn't come get him afterwards. I hadn't realized up until now how much I still didn't know about Morgan. I shook off that thought and headed to school.

-

School was ever so boring. Especially since Morgan wasn't there. My phone buzzed as I was going to my locker after school.

Bring my son home and never go into my house again. You are bad news. If he's not back right after school I will find you. Trust me.

-Unknown

Of course I knew who it was. It was Morgan's mom. She was a bit late. It was already time for him to be home by now and of course he wasn't. He had no idea about the text and would be at the café already.

My phone buzzed again. This time it was Morgan telling me the bus was delayed and that he would be a little late. I didn't mind he was going to be late. As long as he wasn't already at the café. Everyone basically knew I went to the café on Monday.

I got in my truck feeling a little better since I was going to be the one late anymore. I got to the café and parked in my normal place beside the building.

I looked to the car beside me and seen it was Nash. I got out my truck and starting walking in the direction of Nash.

Then I heard a gun shot and then everything went in slow motion. Something went through my shoulder, the pain was unbearable. I spun on my hills to see Morgan's mom. I then hit the ground. I guess you could say I've never been really used to pain, but who is though?

I guess this is the part I'm supposed to say my life flashed by my eyes, but it didn't. The only thing I could focus on was the pain that erupted in my shoulder. I finally figured out that my shoulder was throbbing too. Huh, I guess I'm just that dumb.

I watched as the world around me seemed to spin out of control. Dark spots appeared in my vision. Despite the person telling me to stay awake, I welcomed the darkness. The more black appeared the less pain I felt.

This was it, I thought, I'm dying. I never would have really thought I'd die this young or this way. I guess this isn't so bad. No more screwed up life right, I thought as I slipped into unconsciousness. But boy was I wrong.

-

Nash's Pov

Hours before I had watched Malia slip away form this world, or so I thought. As I got closer I realized that, at the time, she was just passed out due to the blood loss in her shoulder.

Right now I was back at my house, with Malia. I guess I never thought I'd get her like this, but I don't want to give her back now. They'll blame the girl who shot her now. I locked Malia up in one of the bedroom's in my house after I tended to her wounds.

I know all of this sounds pretty bad. I basically kidnapped a high school girl, but I only needed a month with her. One month for her to notice me. One month for her to like me, maybe even fall in love with me.

-

Malia's Pov

I woke up and instantly realized I was in immense pain. My shoulder was bandaged up and the worst part, I didn't know where I was. This room was very unfamiliar. After a few minutes the door opened. It was Nash. I was happy to see a person that I partially knew, but I still didn't remember why I was here or even how I got here.

"Why am I here?"

Nash explained what happened at the café and what he did after it all happened. He also explained I was at his house.

"Oh, I thought I was kidnapped or something," I said laughing.

Nash just look away and didn't say anything.

"So when can I leave," I asked.

He took a big breath,

"You aren't leaving."

"What?"

"You can't leave, Malia. You're staying here, with me."

I never knew how much of an impact words could have on you, until now. I wanted out, I needed out. What is this, a dream?

"This is all a dream," I said as I closed my eyes," Malia this is all a dream."

But my kidnapper in front of me and the pain that was without a doubt in my shoulder told me otherwise.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he said coming closer to me.

"No! Please, stay away."

He stopped dead in his tracks. Which frankly I was happy. I didn't know what I was going to do if he came any closer.

The room started spinning and I knew I was about to pass out. I was torn between stay awake to try to escape or pass put to be able to get away from him for a little bit.

Nothing made sense. The more I tried making sense out of it the dizzier I got. I lost my battle again. The darkness consumed me and this time

I knew it wasn't going to be peaceful darkness. This darkness is where my nightmares find me. This is where your nightmares consume you.