Chapter Nine

Nash's Pov

I woke up to a banging at the door. Looking down from the window above the door I could clearly see who it was. It was Shane. The one person who I knew would do anything to get Malia. Chills spiraled throughout my body. I didn't want to go open the door. There's ways the possibility that he knew.

I hoped he didn't figure it out. No one else knows anything. They don't know anything at all. It wouldn't completely surprise me if he figures out. It wouldn't surprise me at all. It is Shane after all. I walked carefully down to Malia's room and locked it. She would freak out when she figured out it was locked, but better safe then sorry.

I walked down the stairs and to the door. He started banging again. I opened the door slightly.

"What is it, Shane?"

"Good morning to you too, Nash. I have news on the girl. Word on the street is that she is someone near here," he said rather quietly.

He does know. Oh no. Oh no. No no no. After momentarily freaking out I regained my normal state of mind.

"Is she really," I asked in a somewhat curious tone.

"I don't know. You think you could keep an eye out for her? You know, call me if you see her?"

"Yeah, sure I will. As much as I would love to continue talking, I have class this morning."

"You have class," he asked me," what time?"

I looked over at the clock beside the door.

"In about thirty minutes."

"Alright man, good luck."

And with that he left. He didn't act like he knew anything. I hoped that he didn't. I have no idea what I would do if he did. I mean I guess I could take Malia with me to my family's house. Maybe Morgan too.

I shut the door back and locked it carefully. I left out a breath that I hadn't realized I'd been holding. Then I saw Malia walk down the stairs. She would still in her sweat pants and hoodie. She rubbed her eyes sleepily.

"I thought I locked your door,"I said to her.

She looked up to me and stuck her hand up that was holding a bobby pin.

"I know how to pick locks genius," she mumbled," why'd you lock me in there anyways."

"Shane came by?"

She stopped dead her in tracks and looked at me like a deer in headlights.

"He did what?"

"He came by."

"And said?"

"Apparently he thinks you're on this street, but I don't think he knows you're in my house. He asked me to look out for you."

"And what did you tell him?"

"That I would. What else was I supposed to say?"

"I really don't know," she mumbled," I'm hungry."

"Aren't you always?"

She collapsed on the couch,
"FEEEEEDDD MEEEE."

I flinched at her sudden outburst.

I couldn't help but start laughing.

"Okay, but I have class in thirty minutes."

"Doesn't stop you from getting me food."

"Yes it does."

"Nash," she whined.

"Alright I'll fix you food."