Chapter 6

— Bruce's POV —

I knew I shouldn't have done that. I'm after fucking up so bad, my mind was racing as I walked home. I felt like I just wanted to disappear into thin air forever, I got home to my house and immediately ran up to my room, slamming the door. I'm after fucking up out friendship officially. I took off Vances jacket and began sobbing into it. Why was love so hard?

Suddenly my mom knocked on the door. "Bruce?.. can I come in?.." oh Jesus. Anyone but her. "Mom go away! I don't wanna talk!" I yelled. "Bruce come on love.. I just need to talk to you.." She said sadly. I felt slightly guilty, "come in.." I mumbled as I looked at her with a tear stained face. She looks at me for a moment before shutting the door and sitting down on the bed beside me. "Hey honey.. why are you crying?.." She says as she fixes my messy hair.

I look away as more tears roll down my face. She immediately wraps her arms around me. "You know you can tell me what happened love?.." She says as she gently kisses my forehead. I sigh and breath in slowly. "I kissed Vance.. at the party.. and I've officially messed up our friendship.." I say with a low tone. She looks at me sympathetically and fixes my hair. "Are you sure you messed it up?" She said raising an eyebrow. I thought for a moment. "Well.. he did say my name when I was walking out.. but I didn't listen.." I said quietly.

"And that's where you are wrong my boy.." She said tapping my nose. "You should've listened to him." She says. I look down in shame. "I know.. but there's no way he likes me back.." "Are you sure?" She says raising an eyebrow. I look back up at her, slightly confused. "Did you listen to what he had to say when he called your name?" "Well no but-" She immediately cut me off. "And that's where you are wrong Bruce. You should've listened to him. He could've wanted to tell you something you would've never even expected." She said in a tone, like she was making a statement in court.

"The boy is nice Bruce.. I know your father doesn't like him very much.. but if he makes you that happy.. then.. maybe go with your heart.." she says gently resting her hand on my chest. I immediately smile and hug her. "Thank you mom.." I say. "No problem Bruce. Now, go get your man." She laughs and gently slaps my thigh. I laugh back at her as she leaves my room. I then start thinking about how I could plan this out.

— LOOK IK THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT.. BUT WE GOT BRUCE AND HIS MOM HAVING A PROPER TALK.. THERE WILL BE MORE SPICE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER I PROMISE.. —