마법에 걸린

깨진 사이클
1장

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

마법에 걸린
Enchanted

"Prin-"

"Princess-"

"Princess"

I was awoken from my slumber by the sound of someone calling onto me. The bright sunlight streaming through the window hit my eyes as Bonnie, my personal maid, came into view. Slowly, I moved my hand to cover my eyes to shield them from the light as I rose from my bed and faced the bowing girl. "His Highness requests your presence for lunch, Princess." she informed with a smiley.

'It's already lunch....' I thought to myself, hoping to catch some extra sleep before dinner. Alas, it seemed that my goal of sleeping through another meal was not meant to be, thus my eyes were greeted with the sun's bright rays once more.

I looked at Bonnie softly, nodding. "Prepare the bath." I requested weakly, while my dull jeweled eyes blinked. "Yes, Princess." she bowed, heading away to prepare my bath. I wandered around the large room, my father having gifted it to me. I stopped in front of the mirror, examining myself. I viewed my deathly pale, black attire-adorned frame; my once-bright blonde hair, now dry and brittle. The red lips of my face slowly turning brown. These possibly consequences of frequent skipping of meals and reduced water intake were of no importance to me.

As the past year transformed from beautiful wonder to a life of misery and hell, eating food and drinking water became useless in my mind. I no longer cared about sustaining my health as the world around me crumbled, and darkness crept upon my once bright soul.

As the mind matures, it may learn through various sources, ranging from books and scrolls to first-hand experiences. However, a single impact during the early formative years can leave a lasting impression on a young child. In my case, I was only four when the world turned for the worst, only four when I felt true happiness, only four when I acted my age, and I was only four when I genuinely smiled. Yet, one moment in time took it all away. Just one moment and all my dreams and happiness crumbled to the ground, why?, why, why, why, why, why, WHY, why does the world have to be so cruel?

As I thought back to the moment when my life turned for the worse, a question rose to my mind, "Why does it have to be me?" I wondered why it had to be me who had to bear the weight of the world's cruelty. I searched deep within myself for an answer, but all I found was emptiness and sorrow, a seemingly endless abyss of pain and heartache.

"..."

Now sinking into the large bath tub, I let out a soft sigh as the warm water washed over me and the various petals filled the air with their fragrant and soothing scents. It was relaxing, a brief moment of peace in a world of chaos. Yet, even calmness was not enough to erase the pain and hurt that had engulfed my heart.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

As I strolled through the luxurious halls of the Emerald Palace, I viewed the many empty rooms for other Princesses to reside, but it was all useless. I was an only child, and the extra rooms were of no use. Eating, drinking, bathing, sleeping, learning, all of it was useless, useless, useless, USELESS.

As the thoughts ran through my mind, I suddenly stopped in my tracks. "I will not be joining father today." I stated flatly. This caught Bonnie by surprise, and she walked up to me, calling onto me. "But Princess his Highness requests your presence for lunch." she reminded me. However, my mind was already made up, and I had no plans to be in my father's company today. With a stoic  expression on my face, I walked away, disregarding Bonnie's calls for me to return. Leaving Bonnie to ponder what to do next.

I turned one way, then the other, but all the hallways looked identical. I had spent most of my life in the Emerald Palace, yet I was lost. I was suddenly pulled back into reality when I spotted a young child, around my age, running in the same direction. When she tripped, I was dragged down as well, and the guards quickly chased after her, yelling. It was chaos as the girl pulled me away and we ran. But for what, I knew not. Our fate and the guards, both were yet to be determined.

We sped away from the guards' grasp, finally leaving their view. However, our escape led us far outside the safe grounds of the Palace, into an unknown place. I was exhausted, huffing and panting, as I saw her fall down onto the green grass. She laughed excitedly and wiped the sweat from her face, as I tried to catch my breath. We were safe and away from the clutches of the guards, and the world felt brand new and yet so strange at the same time.

Sophia broke off the silence with an apology, "Sorry about that." She spoke, and did it so informally to me, as if she didn't know who I was, yet with a sign I accepted her apology. The girl then extended her hand for me to shake, introducing herself. "Sophia, my name's Sophia. What's yours?" she said with a smile.

"Amara" I replied, feeling the firm yet gentle grips of her hands on mine. Her lie was obvious, as she did not tell me her family name, making me hesitant about giving my name as well in response. Yet, to return the same hospitality, I answered her question with a lie as well. However, I kept things cordial between us, feeling an invisible connection.

With so much dullness surrounding me, perhaps life wouldn't be so monotonous with Sophia around. Just her presence alone made the world feel so fresh to me, and it gave me a sense of lightness. Maybe if we stay together, this dull world of mine could shine a little brighter.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Authors note:
◈ I hope you enjoyed this chapter cause the time I had spent googling things took more than 2 hours
◈I borrowed a dictionary just for this book
◈I have a lot of Ideas but the freaking problem is to put them into words like do I really have to Google everything?(Yes)
◈I do not know how historical people talk so just bare with me and keep in mind these girls are 5 and yet the way they speak is like a teenager, that's just me sucking being a writer
◈I don't think Prince Regent is right for Lucas but I searched king regent google told me that's not a thing so I figured since Lucas can't be king consort since apparently that's not allowed he's going to be Prince Regent even though he's not a prince but yeah(correct me please I've had a headache with this for the past 10 minutes)
◈1167 words in Wattpad 5058 in my notes

That's it, thank you for reading

-Tdencw signing off