큰 뜻

깨진 사이클
5장

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

큰 뜻
Ambition

"The Princess passed in her examination at the prestigious Rutherford Academy!" exclaimed a maid with admiration, her countenance betraying her genuine adoration for the Princess—my cousin. However, my sentiments differed, for presently, I am but a lady in attendance, nothing more.

'How delightful for her, bestowed with inherent advantages, while girls like myself linger in the shadows.' My mind were tinged with negativity, yet devoid of hate towards her. Ultimately, she is my cousin and the rightful heir. However, should her competence falter and I, the child of the 'former Princess', surpass her, then she proves unsuitable for ruling the Empire. This is why I exist; if she allows the glorious Obelian Empire to crumble, I shall emerge as the more deserving successor. Yet, even if she proves competent, I will not relent. I am determined to seize the crown and become Empress, regardless of the cost.

Because...

I will become the Empress.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

In the splendid corridors of the venerable Alpheus house, I walked with a contemplative mind, oblivious to the approaching figure converging upon my path. The collision was inevitable, and as both bodies succumbed to the unexpected meeting, I found myself gazing into the eyes of Eleanor, my cousin and the second daughter of my uncle.

A subtle irritation morphed swiftly into a derisive smirk as her eyes met mine. "Oh, behold our clandestine princess! The audacious girl whose mother forfeited her royal title, yet now she harbors the preposterous ambition to reclaim it for herself." Unfazed, I met her words with indifference. "For one draped in shame, aspiring to such lofty goals would undoubtedly involve a considerable amount of paperwork , wouldn't it? And for one not of the direct royal lineage to harbor desire of the throne leaves me utterly speechless." Despite the kernel of truth in her taunts, I deferred any deeper reflection on my entitlement to the Obelian throne for a more opportune moment.

"Well, am I not still of royal blood? Why should I not desire the throne when I know I possess greater capabilities?" I retorted, countering her words with a quick-witted response. A trace of her smug smile persisted, refusing to dissipate entirely. "Should anyone overhear such remarks, the consequences could range from banishment to execution on charges of treason." Her words bore a sinister weight, and with each uttered threat, her smile widened. "Consider yourself fortunate that I am your beloved cousin, not a mere servant willing to betray you for a paltry sum."

The subtle hum she emitted cast a pall over my mood. "Until next time, 'Princess' Amadora, although the likelihood of you ever attaining that title seems remarkably slim." Her fan unfurled as she gracefully turned on her heel, departing with a sense of finality.

"And until our next encounter, Lady 'Birkett', though it is likely you will be married to the Birkett family." I exclaimed, my sly grin lingering as I strode triumphantly in the direction of my quarters. The echo of my footsteps resonated with a proclamation—a declaration of my unyielding pursuit of the coveted crown.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Authors note:
◈After book one I will release each character aesthetic that appeared on the book.
◈Missed my freaking exam because of a stupid fever. So I made this chapter
◈I didn't study so it's okay.
◈All parts of my body hurts.
◈If I don't get a special exam I'm making my mum sue the school.
◈I love my classmates except the ones that sit on the right side of the classroom that's in the back, those girls are bitches, like even the boys are better than them.
◈NO WONDER WHY THERE'S ONLY 4 CHAPTERS I FORGOT TO UPLOAD THIS, GOSH I'M SO SORRY

That's it, thank you for reading

-Tdencw signing off