데뷔

깨진 사이클
7장

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

데뷔
The Debut

Gradually, I awoke to the sound of heavy footsteps, my gaze shifting to the ornate ceiling above.

Glancing around my chamber, my attention was drawn to the grand double doors, which were ceremoniously pulled open, revealing a cadre of emerald palace maids.

"Good morning, Princess.
Shall we begin our work, or would you like a few minutes to compose yourself?" Her bright smirk illuminated the room as she took in my haggard appearance.

"Come, dear Princess, we have a big day ahead of us."

Being splashed with large amount of water multiple times was not what I had expected, yet the maids remained calm and organized, strictly adhering to the schedule.

"When will I be able to eat?" I inquire, lying stiffly while the maids wrap cold towels around my elbows and knuckles to maintain their natural redness.

"Please be patient a while longer, Your Highness. We must ensure every inch of your body is properly moisturized." the maid responds, her tone maintaining the elegance befitting of royal maid. I grumble softly in reply, acknowledging her instruction.

As the maids finally finished oiling my hair, I swiftly open my mouth to accept the spoon offered by one of them, maintaining the grace and poise expected in such a refined setting.

"Am I finally getting dressed?" I inquire, hoping for a swift resolution. The maids chuckle softly at my naivety. "Oh, dear Princess, we too wish it were that straightforward." one of them responds with a hint of gentle amusement, underscoring the intricacies of our meticulous preparations.

'Never did I anticipate they meant 'beauty is pain'' I muse wryly, acknowledging the truth behind the adage with a touch of sophistication.

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Entering the gleaming room filled with shimmering dresses and jewels, the maids delicately clothe me while preparing my accessories. As I gaze at my reflection, I see nothing but beauty and perfection reflected back at me.

As the maids began applying makeup, I found myself falling in love with my own reflection, enraptured by the transformation unfolding before me in this luxurious and opulent setting.

As the sun descended into its slumber, the door swung open, revealing my beloved family, the Alphues, adorned in resplendent crimson attire, exuding elegance and sophistication befitting their esteemed status.

"Hurry now, Amadora, we mustn't be tardy." my uncle urged, his tone warm and inviting,

Accepting his hand, we made our way to the awaiting carriage, ready to depart for our evening engagement.

Seated beside my youngest cousin, Estelle, I couldn't help but feel uneasy. She behaved unlike a typical child, her demeanor characterized by silence and a scarcity of emotion, casting an air of discomfort over our luxurious surroundings.

However, before me, my uncle wore an expression of excitement, eagerly anticipating Princess Amarantha's Debut. Yet, for me, the true excitement lay in the knowledge that today marked my introduction, affording me the opportunity to confidently assert my legal claim to the throne.