달빛 축제

깨진 사이클
6장

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

달빛 축제
Moon festival

Rutherford Academy stands as a prestigious institution, resembling a university with its six major courses. It holds great appeal for noble families who initiate enrollment as early as five years old, preparing their children for the rigorous education it offers.

While Rutherford Academy accepts individuals based on qualifications, monetary contributions alone won't secure admission. Intelligence is the key determinant, emphasizing that regardless of one's financial status, without the requisite intellect, learning within the academy remains unattainable.

Rutherford Academy serves as the prime avenue for gaining influence, shaping numerous influential leaders and nobles. The education and influential connections cultivated during school life have propelled many to success on a global scale.

The anticipation builds as I patiently await the arrival of my letter as it is just a month away from the start of the new training year with the prospect of that awaited knock on my door couldn't come soon enough.

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

In the hush of my play room, a maid's voice pierced the air, "My lady, a letter from Rutherford Academy has arrived." Hastening, I seized the letter, but the echo of approaching footsteps halted my anticipation.

"Child," Lady Evelyn's voice, a mix of authority and disdain, echoed through the room. "Hand it to me, your results." Nervously I surrendered the paper, and as her eyes devoured its contents, a scowl etched across her features. "You failed to claim the top spot, and yet my husband expended considerable effort for your second chance. While that Princess achieved perfection in a mere fraction of the exam's time. Explain!"

A deep breath steadied me, though my hands trembled, and a crimson hue adorned my cheeks. "Apologies, Lady Evelyn," my voice wavered, "I gave my best."

"It wasn't enough."

"You must gain influence within that school and forge alliances with your peers for the future. Or rather, you must do precisely that." Disappointment lingered on her lips, a disdainful gaze aimed at me.

"You are dismissed." With a flick of her hand, I found myself ousted from her presence.

Alone in my chambers, my personal maid entered, eyes gleaming with admiration. "My lady! You've secured a place at the prestigious Rutherford Academy! A truly astonishing feat! We ought to celebrate!" I regarded her, muttering a response.

"I doubt Lady Evelyn would agree with such sentiments," her smile lowered at the mention of my aunt.

"Who cares what that old hag thinks? Your accomplishment is extraordinary, deserving of a celebration." A genuine smile emerged on my face in response to her words.

"So tonight, you and I shall partake in this year's moon festival," she declared.

"Me? The future ruler of this Empire? Outside with the common folk at night, celebrating a festival of the ordinary people?"

"I'm beginning to think you're related to the ladies of House Alpheus," I scoffed at that notion.

"But yes, if you wish to be a ruler, you must first acquaint yourself with your people's well-being, living situation, and culture!" Her words lingered in my contemplation.

" Well I suppose this will be an experience worth having, then."

With that, she joyously prepared our departure, and we ventured forth into the awaiting night.

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Strolling through the streets of Eylmer, named after the hero who saved and transformed it from a small town into a grand city, left me feeling a bit uneasy and intimidated. However, the friendly smiles of the locals put me at ease.

We explored various food stands, trying dishes I never imagined putting in my mouth. The games and shows were equally enjoyable, and now it was time to watch the people perform a dance that is only ever danced in this part of the city.

And at moment that's where I met him.

He stood before me, looked me in the eye, and was accidentally pushed by a person dancing and tripped, and as if time had frozen and we were the only ones moving he quickly stood up, glared at me through his redden face, slapped ayaw my mooncake and stormed off.

It was irritating; he was irritating
It was enchanting; she was enchanting.

It would be regrettable if I never had the chance to do the same act to him later in life. If our paths were to cross again, I hope it happens while we are still in our teenage years, learning and growing, before the formalities of adulthood set in. So that I would not be shamed for doing something so petty even after all the years had passed.

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Authors note:
◈Very very late update, I lost my phone at the bus station but life wasn't that boring since I mostly watched tiktok in the tv, sorry hehe
◈After lady Amadora, there's going to be a time skip where they'll be like 14 and everything is like going with the flow.
◈Since I'll be giving out each characters aesthetics I'll also put some pictures of what they wear on that specific chapter.
◈After this will be book two yeyyyy, yes I know it's too soon and after only 6 chapters but I don't really feel like making this part where they're like 5 years old longer bc its too much for me yk?
◈I will be taking another long break bc i now have authors block.

That's it, thank you for reading

-Tdencw signing off