THREE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 :
JEEPERS CREEPERS

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     A DAY HAD passed, and it was the morning when her phone rang. The contact read, 'Mike.' Why was he calling? The worst possibilities began to build in her mind. Had something happened? Was Freddy's just as she remembered? "Hello?" She asked, ver voice full of worry as she picked the call up.

     "Hey." It was Mike.

     "What's up?"

     "Do you want to get coffee?"

     Her eyebrows furrowed in concern. Why was he asking to go out? "Is everything alright?" She asked in worry.

    "...Yeah."

     (F/N) was taken aback. Was this a date? It sure felt like one. Immediately she brushed the thought from her mind. He probably just wanted to talk as friends. Still, she couldn't keep herself from stuttering, "C-Coffee sounds nice."

     "Okay, see you at four?"

     "Sure."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     After he dropped Abby off at school, Mike made his way to the cafe they decided to meet up. As he got out of his car and approached the cafe, only to pause while looking through the windows.

     Sitting alone and typing sporadically on her phone was (F/N). She seemed upset. His eyebrows furrowed as he stopped in his spot, looking at her through the window. He tried to keep his distance, as he didn't want to be noticed and called a creep, but an old lady walking on the street noticed his staring and shook her head disappointedly. He called after her, "I-I know her!"

     The old lady just shook her head again, ignoring his answer.

     When Mike faced the cafe again, he noticed that (F/N) had placed her phone face down, her arms crossed as she glared at it.

     Who was she texting? He wondered. Whoever it was had upset her.

     He didn't have long to guess, as her head suddenly turned towards him, finding him staring. His eyes widened and he hurried to the door, avoiding her stare as he moved to the table with his head down like a dog being shamed by its owner.

     "Were you staring?" (F/N) inquired, her voice teasing.

     Reluctantly he turned up, "Who were you texting?" He asked instead of answering. They both knew the question anyway. "You were typing so fast I'm surprised you didn't poke through your phone."

     "No one, it's," She sighed, looking at the menu on the table, "it's fine." She began to browse through it.

     "You didn't order already?" Mike noticed, observing the empty table.

     "No, I was waiting for you." Her head tilted slightly, "Even though I already know your order." She let out a small awkward laugh.