TEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣 :
PIZZA WITH MEATBALLS? SPAGHETTI WITH PEPPERONI?

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

  "SHE'S GOING TO be ecstatic when she sees you," Mike said, knowing that his sister would be over the moon simply by the presence of the woman.

"I know." (F/N) grinned. She couldn't wait to see Abby's face brighten. The woman turned to him with a teasing tone, "Are you sad she likes me more?"

He tried to wave her off, "In your dreams."

She nodded and sarcastically piped, "Sure."

Mike looked down, checking his watch, "I'm gonna go talk to her teacher, Abby said she wanted to talk to me."

"Good things?" (F/N) tilted her head.

He huffed, "I hope."

(F/N) watched Mike as he left, feeling satisfied with their situation. She had told him the truth after some persuading on his part. When he realized their situations were similar, he felt hurt that she hadn't shared. It made her feel guilty, as she should, but Mike eventually assured her that it was fine.

In the end, it felt good to be heard. It felt even better to know that their siblings' murderers were rotting in an old suit, inside the dusty diner collapsing more upon itself every passing day.

It was even more satisfying knowing that the Jane problem had been solved. Apparently, she found being choked out by an animatronic to be enough to give up the lawsuit and move further away. Who would've thought that was all it took?

Before she knew it, Mike was walking back to her, standing by her side. "I talked to her teacher." He started.

She snapped out of her thoughts and smiled at him, "I'd hope so, that is what you went in there to do. Wouldn't want you to get lost."

Mike smiled at her playful attitude, "She says Abby is doing, and I quote, extraordinary."

"Good." She warmly smiled back at him.

He widened his eyes and crossed his arms, leaning on the car beside (F/N), "Good? That's fantastic."

"You're right." The bell rang and kids rushed out.

Abby came prancing out in her bright blue overalls and a bright smile on her face that only got wider once she spotted (F/N). "Hi (F/N)!" She loudly greeted, picking up her pace.

Mike nudged her arm, trying to get her attention, "Will you sit in the front with me this time?" He practically had puppy dog eyes as he pleaded with her.

A smile grew on her face as warmth spread in her chest. She simply shrugged, "We'll see."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

Mike ended up in the front row of his car alone.

"Is (F/N) staying for dinner?" Abby asked, her voice innocent. But both adults knew she was good at pulling strings and getting what she wanted. By asking this, she was having it known: (F/N) would be eating dinner with the Schmidt's.