SEVEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 :
THAT WAS SHOCKING, HUH?

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IT WASN'T UNTIL Mike was standing in front of Freddy's Diner for his next shift did he regret bringing Abby with him. He had brought her because the spirits in his dreams seemed to favor her much more than they did him.

     But now that he saw her happily prancing to the locked door, he found guilt building in his stomach. He shouldn't be using her like that, and he knew it well.

     So, he dialed the one person he thought might pick her up.

     "Hey...(F/N)." He was hesitant to ask because he remembered her last words (about quitting his job), "I need a favor."

     "It's 11:30 Mike." She sighed, "Why do you always call me at the weirdest times?"

"I know...But it's not like you were sleeping anyway."

"Oh haha. What do you need?"

He swallowed his nervousness, "Can you come pick Abby up? I brought her to Freddy's because I couldn't get a sitter—"

(F/N) interrupted him with a serious voice, "You brought Abby to Freddy's?"

     "Yeah—"

     "Shit Mike! Fuck! I'll be there."

     Then, she hung up. Mike looked down at the phone. Why was she always hanging up on him? And why was she so tense around Freddy's?

     "What did she say?" Abby piped, looking over at him as he stuffed his phone into his pocket.

     "She's gonna come pick you up."

     "Okay." Abby seemed disappointed. Not that he could blame her. She was excited about her friends, "Vanessa's here." Abby pointed out the cop car parked not too far from them.

     "Yeah." He acknowledged; his mind still stuck on why (F/N) seemed so freaked out.

     "My friends talk about her sometimes." Abby hummed, a smile on her face as she started walking towards Freddy's.

He followed after her, "What do they say?"

     "That she's nice."

Mike waited a few seconds before asking, "If I ask you to stay in the car, would you?"

     "No." She denied it immediately. Then Abby turned and started into the building.

      "Abby, wait!" Mike called after her, rushing towards the door.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     Her knuckles were harsh against the glass door, but she couldn't control her actions. She didn't want Mike there, but Abby? The little girl who reminded her of her innocent brother? There was no way she could manage to stay calm. It was practically tearing her alive. She had almost gotten into a wreck with how distracted she was.