FOUR

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 :
PHONE FIASCO

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

IT WAS HER who called Mike the next day. However, it wasn't Mike that picked up. Instead, it was a high-pitched voice, "(F/N)!"

"Abby?" (F/N) greeted out in bewilderment, "Why do you have Mike's phone?"

"I was just going to call you."

The woman furrowed her eyebrows a bit, "Why not use the landline?"

"I never get to use this one. And I don't have one, so I wanted to try it. My friend told me I should." Her voice was cheery.

"Uh...Okay." (F/N) pushed past the topic, "Why were you going to call?"

"I wanted to talk to you. And my friend said—" A knock on a door coming from Abby's side of the phone interrupted the girl's sentence. She cut herself off and they both listened.

     "Abby?" It was Mike, but his voice was muffled. He must have been outside the room Abby was in, "Do you have my phone?"

"Uh oh," Abby giggled a bit, "he figured it out."

"Did you steal his phone?" (F/N) sighed at the television she was looking at mindlessly.

"...Yeah."

Mike heard Abby's response and immediately asked, "Who are you talking to?"

     "No one!"

     "Abby? Open the door." Mike didn't believe her deflection.

     "You should probably give him back the phone."

     "But I want to talk to you," Abby complained, "he's boring."

     "Who are you talking to?" Mike's questioned, sounding both confused and desperate to know the answer.

     "No one!" Abby repeated.

     Sound on the other side paused for a moment, but then Mike's voice was rushed, "Abby, give me the phone!"

(F/N) smiled at the sound of Mike's panic. She wondered what he thought Abby would do. "You should give it back before he takes your door down."

     "No one would do that."

     "My dad did."

     Abby hummed contemplatively and piped, "He sounds horrible."

     "More than you would know." (F/N) grumbled to herself, making sure not to trauma dump the ten-year-old.

     "Can you come over later?" Abby changed topics, sounding hopeful on the matter.

     "Will you give Mike his phone back if I do?" (F/N) inquired.

ATARAXY | ғɴᴀғ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇ. ✔︎ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें