pt. four

+ chapter energy +
the smell saved my life - surf curse

richie shoved the door open with a great push, stepping backwards and ushering the others inside, as if he were an old-timey butler of sorts.

"welcome lady and gentlemen to the tozier residence," richie announced in a thick british accent,"briefly occupied by the illusive and beautiful beverly marsh!"

beverly walked by, flicking him on the head as she passed him, heading towards the stairs. she rushed up the stairs with her bag swaying at her side.

the others slowly moved into the house- mike, stan, eddie, and lastly ben. each left their shoes by the door, while richie and bev completely ignored this mannerism.

it's only 8 o'clock but it's already darker than hell outside, however the moon shines bright enough to illuminate the sky along with the plentiful stars.

richie rushes up the stairs after the rest of the losers, ben sat on the floor, bev in the computer chair, stan and mike on the couch, eddie on the end of the bed, and richie slid in next to him.

"so rich what exhilarating plans do you have in mind for tonight's soirée?" stan questioned

"we'll im glad you asked stan-the-man," richie smirked," i have a never-used stereo system begging to be utilized downstairs, a plethora of dance moves just begging to be unleashed-"

"oh goodie," stan said sarcastically.

"i know just this alone sounds thrilling, but let me finish now stanley," richie said, holding his right hand in front of himself,"i also happen to know just where my parents leave their liquor and we have this entire house all to ourselves."

"good god, you read my mind rich," bev said smiling.

"thought i might've," he leaned back, kicking his feet up and looking very proud of himself.

eddie stared blankly at him- a mixed look of confusion, shock, and sheer amazement.

"yeah and where exactly do you suppose you'll get the alcohol to replace whatever you drink?" he asked, brows furrowed.

"a magician never reveals his secrets ed's," richie smiled, leaning towards him.

he had no fucking clue how he was gonna pull this off.

"mhmm.." he said, eyeing richie closely,"so you really think you can pull this off then?"

"absolutely, without a doubt," he responded," don't worry your pretty little head, none of you will get in trouble anyways it's me who'll take the beating."

"your parents don't beat you rich," bev laughed.

"they beat me verbally, marsh," he said, wiping a fake tear from his eye,"verbally."

she rolled her eyes dramatically as richie stood up enthusiastically. hands in his pockets, he looked around the room.

"SO ARE WE MEN OR ARE WE MICE?" he shouted.

"WE'RE MICE!" they all responded, laughing.