Wind

Yuju and Hoshi are sitting on a bench, looking at the sunset. They can see how the children play in a mini-park in front of them.

"You know what's great about nature?" Hoshi started to ask.

"What?"

"We're breathing the same air."

"and?"

"Feeling the same wind"

"You're too corny." Yuju laughed a little and slightly punched Hoshi.

"No. I'm too drowning in you. Your name is being whispered by the wind." Then Hoshi wrapped his arms around Yuju, and Yuju rested her head on Hoshi's chest. "I can hear the wind sing."

"And what's the song all about?"

"You," Hoshi says, leaving a kiss on Yuju's head.

"It's a warm wind, which means a warm song. Perfect with the beating of your heart," she continued.

Hoshi hugged Yuju tighter.

"Does this thing count as my means of showing my love for you?" Yuju asked, and a tear escaped from her eyes.

"This is too much, Yuna. I'm being spoiled with your love. I don't know if I can live without this. You're too precious."

"But you need to... live. No one will leave. I will never leave you."

"I know"

They stayed like that for awhile. Looking at their surroundings. Feeling the wind as it touches their skin.

It's getting colder, and they need to go back inside. Hoshi started to sing a song.

"Neol hyanghan seolleimeul oneulbuteo urineun... Me gustas tu gustas tu sututuru joahaeyo 🎶🎶"

"You know what? I still love your voice, and I will still love it." Yuju smiled a little and deepened her head to Hoshi's chest.

"You need to rest now, Yuna. We need to go back."

"Yes. I really need to rest now."

With that word, Hoshi's tears escaped into his eyes, and he couldn't stop them. He knew what she meant by saying it.

"Just a moment, Yuna. Just a moment... *hik* please, just a little moment with you." His tears flowed down, and he hugged Yuju tighter.

"I will be the wind for you, my Hoshi. The warm breeze that will embrace you this season and into the next season. I will." And by that, Hoshi knows that Yuju is now resting, not just today but forever.

4 years later...

"Daddy, why is it that I can feel a warm wind in this season of fall? Isn't it weird?" a little girl, 5 years old, asked Hoshi.

Hoshi lifted her up and kissed her cheeks.

"Do you know why your name is Yuju?"

"I know. Because it's a gift from Mommy."

"Right Yuju."

"And why is it that I can feel a warm breeze again, daddy?" Hoshi, with a little smile, answered her daughter's question.

"It is because your mom is here with us. Can you hear her singing in the wind?"

"Nooo... but I want to hear Mommy. How can I? Is it really possible, Daddy?"

"Yes, Yuju. Gone with the wind, your mom became wind."

Little Yuju just nods her head, but she can't really understand a thing. Maybe a little, but she just shakes it off and diverts her attention to a sweet potato.