Where am I?

Papyrus started to cook after a while, and Sans took his nap. Gaster did a little bit of reading before trying to talk to Papyrus. The younger seemed excited to talk with his newfound father, but it wasn't hard for Gaster to figure out he was distracted. "You're zoning out. Is there any particular reason why?" Gaster asked curiously. "Nyeh? I Am Sorry Father- I Just... The Riverperson Is Coming Here, And I Do Not Know What They Like Or If They Will Like Me!" Gaster wondered if his eraser was linked to their lack of memory with Avery because they had both loved her dearly. "I will let you in on a little secret, Papyrus." Gaster gestured him closer, and Papyrus leaned in. "You and Sans had met her before when you were children." He whispered to Papyrus. Papyrus gawked, of course. He never would have thought. "But- I Do Not Remember This-" Gaster laughed softly. "I know. Sans does not remember either. but it's true. That is why she is coming over today. She wants to see you both again, and she's excited to finally come home!" Papyrus pondered and then smiled. "I Shall Welcome Her Home Then, With Open Arms!"

🛶🛶🛶

Once Avery was sure that everyone was inside for the night, she got off her boat and made her way carefully back to the skeletons' house. She was excited to return home after so long. All that time alone has made it worth it, for now they were all back together again and she was free to travel as she pleased. Due to her reputation, she knew most, if not all, other monsters would avoid her. It was saddening, but it also ensured her safety, so she wasn't particularly upset about that. As long as the skeletons gave her a chance. That was all she asked. Avery knocked on the door, and Sans answered without a word. He probably didn't even know what to say. "Thank you, tra la la." Avery slipped in quietly. "you can go ahead and take your cloak off. dad and pap are in the kitchen." Sans finally offered to Avery. She reluctantly removed it from her being, revealing a simple purple turtle neck, white pants, and black flats. "Thank you, Sans." She smiled at him softly before going to the kitchen to introduce himself to Papyrus.

🛶🛶🛶

Gaster was adding sauce to plates of noodles while Papyrus got the drinks. "May I assist?" Avery asked from the doorway, making Papyrus yelp and nearly drop the juice he was pouring into cups. Avery was quick to catch it with magic before rushing in to take it and apologize. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, Papyrus-" Papyrus looked shook to his very soul. "It's alright, Avery, you just caught him unawares is all." Gaster took the juice from you to finish Papyrus' task. "Y-You Are The Riverperson..?" Papyrus asked. Sans answered before Avery could. "yeah, she is. papyrus, this is avery." He introduced. "It's nice to see you again, Papyrus." Avery greeted, holding a hand out to him. Instead of taking it, Papyrus did the Papyrus thing and picked her up in a hug. Avery didn't oppose for a second and held him back. "I Do Not Remember You... But Welcome Back, Avery..." Papyrus murmured. Avery smiled wider. "It's good to be back..." She replied just as softly. Papyrus put Avery down after a few minutes longer. "I Have Made You A Special Spaghetti For This Occasion!" Papyrus announced. Avery looked forward to trying it.