When am I?

They all ate at the couch, with Avery fine with standing up to eat. Gaster sighed happily, pleased to finally have a family moment. "Look at my children, all grown up and cooking for me. Please tell me, what have you done over the years? How have you been?" Gaster asked, eager to just listen to his son's speak and know they have been faring well. Avery listened, too, even though she already had a decent idea of it. "I Am Training To Be In The Royal Guard, Father! I Will Save Lives And Gain Recognition As The Most Amazing Of Guards!" Papyrus chirped, puffing up excitedly. "From what I've seen, Papyrus has been doing well. He is diligent and a quick study." Avery relayed, to which Papyrus quickly nodded in agreement. "And you, Sans?" Gaster asked. The big boned skeleton shrugged. "hey, i'm just a lowly sentry who doesn't do my job 75% of the time. i don't wanna be seen, paps can have the spotlight." He replied chilly. "Sans is definitely your son. He's very smart and logical, but he likes to let his negative emotions get in the way. He has quite the funny bone, too." Avery added in as both father and son laughed nervously and rubbed the back of their necks.

🛶🛶🛶

Avery thought that the conversation was done there, but no. "And you, Avery? I see you've been a very busy young lady." Avery blinked as Papyrus looked on innocent curiosity. Sans' expression seemed more serious but not full of harmful intent. "Oh, well, I started to spend my days hiding out in the dump. Scavenging for food where monsters couldn't find me and... well, you know. I made my cloak to mask myself and confuse others of my identity, and I started to give free rides with an old boat I restored. Monsters started to bring me food and money, even though I desired no payment. I am the mystery the Underground can't solve, the unknown variable to the Underground's equation." Gaster touched her shoulder sympathetically with a magic hand. "Well, we know you, Avery... I know you. You are no longer alone, your family is back..." He reassured. Avery hummed happily. "I have no complaints about this..." Avery replied contentedly. Sans 'huh'ed softly. It was still strange to him, that he was related to the Riverperson, in an odd way.

🛶🛶🛶

Dinner went by in relative peace. Avery and the boys tried to catch Gaster up on the happenings since the fall. Avery noticed that Sans didn't mention anything about the resets, or the human child that would come around once more to bring false hope or suffering. Granted, Avery had never faced the human. Avery was usually too busy trying to save who she could to face off against the her fellow human. Besides the point though... Avery supposed that Sans didn't want to overwhelm him right away. That was fine, but she knew Gaster would meet the human eventually. For better or for worse, their meeting would either end in slaughter or in mercy. "Avery? Hey, what is the matter, I can feel you are troubled..." Gaster worried. Avery hummed, looking over to Sans before meeting Gaster's eye. "Tra la la, beware the Surface Angel, tra la la." Avery replied to him, before offering more explanation. "I was thinking on the past, and of the future. There is much to learn still, and much for you to get used to." Gaster nodded in understanding, already knowing that he had much to catch up on.