Prologue

14 years ago, nandini's reflection in the mirror blurred as her eyes welled up with tears. Today was supposed to be her special day, her wedding day, but it felt anything but special. The vibrant colors of her bridal attire couldn't mask the turmoil within. This wasn't a love marriage; it was an arranged one, forced upon her by her family. She had pleaded with them not to go through with it, but her cries fell on deaf ears. In the depths of her heart, she knew she should have run away from this marriage, defying tradition and expectations. But she couldn't. Her love for her family was a chain that bound her to this fate, a fate she had reluctantly accepted.

****
Nine years earlier, Manik stood at the altar, his heart soaring with happiness. He was about to marry the love of his life, Prena. They had shared three beautiful years together, and today, they were sealing their love with marriage. The promises and dreams that lay ahead made his heart beat faster. For Manik, this was fate at its finest, the destiny he had longed for.

Yet, as the years passed, Manik's once-rosy world began to crumble. Misunderstandings and unspoken grievances crept in, casting long shadows over the love that had once bound them together. He slowly found himself falling out of love with the woman he had believed to be his soulmate.

In a different world, Nandini had embraced a life of sacrifice and unfulfilled dreams in her arranged marriage. Her heart ached, wondering what it would be like to experience a love like the one Manik and Prena had shared years ago.

Unbeknownst to them, their paths were destined to cross, and their lives were about to take a drastic turn. Love, desire, and a sense of longing would challenge the boundaries of morality. They faced a daunting choice – to follow their hearts and risk societal consequences, or continue living the lives they had resigned themselves to, trapped by the dictates of fate. The emotional storm that lay ahead would test the very essence of their beings.