Tears of Decision

Nandini sat in her room, the soft glow of the bedside lamp casting a warm ambiance. The room seemed to echo with the weight of her thoughts, the decision she grappled with hanging in the air like an unspoken secret. Her father's words lingered, leaving a storm of emotions in their wake. Finally, she gathered the courage to make a call that might alter her routine.

Taking a deep breath, Nandini dialed Manik's number. After a few rings, he picked up, and a familiar warmth washed over her as she heard his voice.

Manik: Nandini! What's up? (Manik's voice carried a warmth that felt like a reassuring embrace.)

With a deep breath, Nandini confessed.
Nandini: I... I won't be able to make it to the office tomorrow. Something personal came up.

Manik, perceptive to the seriousness in her tone, responded with empathy.
Manik: oh, I see. Don't worry about it. Take your time. Is everything okay?

Her gratitude for his understanding was palpable in her sigh.
Nandini: Yeah, it's just some family stuff. I need some time to sort things out.

Manik: take all the time you need. Family comes first. We can reschedule the meeting. (Manik offered, his support a balm to her worried heart.)

Nandini's lips curled into a small smile as she absorbed his understanding.
Nandini: Thanks, Manik. I really appreciate your understanding. And, by the way, I won't be able to join you in the gym tomorrow either.

Manik, ever the playful spirit, teased.
Manik: Skipping gym, Nandini? That's a rare sight. What's the reason this time?

Her smile widened as she shared. 

Nandini: Well, I have some things to sort out, but I promise I'll be back the day after tomorrow for our routine.

Manik, playfully continuing the banter, chimed in.
Manik: I'll hold you to that promise. We can't afford to break our routine, can we?

Amused, Nandini laughed.
Nandini: No, we can't. I'll see you in the gym the day after tomorrow then.

Manik, with a cheerful tone, declared.
Manik: Perfect. Take care, Nandini. If you need anything, I'm just a call away.

Her gratitude overflowed as she replied.
Nandini: Thank you, Manik. I appreciate your support. Goodnight.

Manik: goodnight, Nandini. Sweet dreams. (Manik wished warmly, sealing the conversation with a promise that their bond, resilient and unyielding, would weather any storm.)

As Nandini ended the call, the room seemed a bit brighter, and the challenges ahead felt a bit more manageable with a friend like Manik by her side.

****
The next morning dawned with a burst of anticipation at Nandini's house. The aroma of brewing coffee mixed with the sizzle of vegetables in the pan, creating a symphony of scents that danced through the air. Nandini, clad in an apron, was a whirlwind in the kitchen, orchestrating a culinary masterpiece to welcome her parents.

As she deftly chopped vegetables and arranged ingredients with precision, her excitement was palpable. Every detail mattered to her; she wanted this day to be perfect for her parents' impending visit.

In the midst of her culinary symphony, Raghav entered the kitchen, his presence momentarily disrupting the culinary dance. Nandini looked up, a bright smile lighting up her face.

Raghav: Hey, Nandini. I just wanted to let you know I'll be back home by evening, before your parents arrive. (Raghav announced.)

Nandini, pleased with the news, smiled and replied.
Nandini: Oh, that's great, Raghav!