Empathy and Support: Manik's Intervention

A/N

(After this scene, there was a time jump in the story where Manik and Nandini resolved their misunderstanding and moved forward. The story then fast-forwards four months to a scene at the gym.)

Manik sat in his office cabin, the soft hum of the air conditioner blending with the occasional click of his keyboard. As he focused on his work, his phone buzzed with an incoming call. Glancing at the screen, he saw Alya's name and answered promptly.

manik: Hey, Alya, what's up?

Alya's voice sounded slightly strained. 

Alya: Hey, Manik. I'm not feeling too good today.

Concern crept into Manik's tone. 

Manik: Oh no, did something happen? Are you okay?

Before Alya could respond, Manik's mind raced through possibilities. 

Manik: Is it because of Dhruv? Did you guys have an argument?

Alya (chuckled softly): No, Dhruv's not even in town. It's nothing like that.

Manik (relaxed a bit): Okay, then what's the matter?

Alya (hesitated, then admitted.): I really need my favorite imported chocolate, and it's available at the mall near your office."  Can you pick it up for me?

Manik raised an eyebrow, a playful smile forming. 

Manik:  Sure thing, I can totally bring up what went down with you!

Alya sighed, her tone a bit sheepish. 

Alya: Well, the thing is, I'm on my period and feeling pretty crummy. I thought maybe you could be my superhero today.

Manik couldn't help but grin at her request. 

Manik: Ah, I see. Consider it done. Anything else you need?

Alya's (voice brightened): Actually, some ice cream would be amazing if you don't mind.

Manik nodded, even though she couldn't see him. 

Manik: No problem at all. I'll get both for you. Just sit tight and take it easy, alright?

Alya's gratitude was evident in her voice. 

Alya: Thank you so much, Manik. You're the best!

Manik (chuckled): Just doing my duty as a friend. I'll be there soon with your goodies. Hang in there, Alya.

With that, they said their goodbyes, and Manik set about fulfilling Alya's requests, knowing that a little gesture of kindness could go a long way in comforting a friend in need.

****

Nandini and Mohini strolled through the bustling mall, browsing through various stores as Mohini picked out items she liked. 

Mohini: Hey, Nandini, what do you think about this top? (Mohini asked, holding up a colorful blouse.)

Nandini smiled, giving her opinion.

Nandini: That looks great on you! The color suits you perfectly.

As they continued shopping, Nandini spotted a stunning black dress on display. Her eyes lit up, and she couldn't resist grabbing it. Wow, this dress is amazing. I have to try it on. she exclaimed.

Before Nandini could head to the fitting room, Mohini's voice halted her excitement. 

Mohini: Wait, Nandini, are you sure about that dress? It's quite revealing. Maybe you should choose something else.