Adventures await

{Tessia Eralith}

-AHHHHhhhhhhhhhh." I let out in a long, drawn-out sigh as I glared at the pile of documents on my desk.

Letting my had fall on the wooden surface in a small *bam*, I thought about all the fun, interesting, intriguing things I could be doing right now: Running around the beast glade, entering dungeons, training my swordsmanship and mana, meeting with leading figures of this continent to form alliances. Not mindlessly filling up forms, reading pages after pages of poorly made reports and essays or sorting the above in ever growing stashes.

The most exciting thing that had happened today was the time I had to go refill the small glass pot I was using with ink.

Slowly starting to bang my head against the table I prayed to God for anything to come and save me from this bureaucratic hell I had created.

In the span of only 3 months our organization had gone from a few dozen members in a single city to a sprawling mess of hundreds, thousands, maybe even tens of thousands people for all I know in all 3 kingdoms.

Everything was a complete mayhem as no one knew how to organize, hierarchies, recruit, form functioning internal and external information channels, found suitable bases, safe proof all of the above and especially not for any group of this size.

At the point we are at, we might very well be the 7th biggest organization in all of Dicathen after the 3 kingdoms and the adventurer, merchants and, ironically enough, slave markets.

I used to curse my work as the student council president in Xyrus academy, yelling out about how it was the most infuriating task I was ever given. Spending hours deliberating cases between students, planning events, preparing the schedules.

But at least I was working with competent people who had been taught how to act, what to report and how to judge a situation.

Now I'm surrounded by people who never held any post of any responsibility in their lives before. And the worst part is that I can't even be mad at them! They were still slaves not a month ago taken from the poorest slums and most isolated villages, obviously they'd know nothing on how to run an inter-state organization!

And I know that they have strong convictions and good will, but the world doesn't run on "good will", so I'm sorry Michael, but if you can't write then there's no point even applying for the post of secretary.

Raising my head back up I angrily scribbled on the application request to deny it while asking why I was the one who had to deal with this?!

Letting my head fall on the desk once again, producing a much louder *BANG* I helplessly glared at the lone portable lamp lighting up the room, and, in a moment of complete delusions, saw imagined Arthur standing here, giving me a soft smile.

Extending my hand to try and reach him I was ready to give up everything to get in his warm, loving embrace as I could almost here him murmuring to me, telling me that I was doing a great job, that I really didn't need to continue working like that, that it would all be fi-

-Unity!" Shouted an energetic voice as the door slammed open, crashing against the wall.

Glancing in the direction of the sound my eyes landed on a small, overly excited dwarf girl holding yet another pile of documents I had to review.

Denying reality for a second longer I focused back on Arthur's calm, soothing figure and said: "At least you'll stay with me, r-right?"

Give me a long smile, Arthur's illusion firm nodded to me before starting to dissipate in the light just how he had appeared.