To show the improvements and repeats of the past

{Tessia Eralith}

-Everyone, in position." I ordered the others as I glared at the bandit camp downhill.

There were about 30 of them sitting around a large campfire with what I assumed to be their leader's tent on the left and the group of slaves they were holding captive on the right.

The bandits seemed to have above average equipment with a few full body armors, various weapon types with charged crossbows, bows, swords, and daggers. But it should be fine as long a-

-Boss, boss! C an I als-" Throwing my hand backward to press against Hanna's mouth, I gave the Dwarf girl a piercing glare as we locked eyes.

-Silence. "I threateningly muttered as I started to regret bringing her along for this mission.

Stepping back the girl seemed to have calmed down, but apparently not enough to stop herself from asking her question in a whisper.

-Can I also come fight the bandits?"

-How much are you going to press for this?" I snapped at her, having had enough of her attitude by now.

Not only had she proven during training that she couldn't work with others, and constantly put them in danger by breaking formation and plans, but she had an incredible talent and physical composition, enough to roll over everyone else in her age group.

I only brought her along after hearing her complain about how bored she felt about all of this, over and over again, saying that she felt trapped in a cage. Although I did understand her wish to help us in our quest and related to her situation as I had experienced something similar back in the floating castle at the start of the war in my previous life.

The day in and day out training to join the war, only to be told that I couldn't, over and over again. It was infuriating.

I didn't want her to feel that way, so, I thought that if I brought her in and let her see from afar, maybe it would calm her down, but it hadn't stopped.

She had just started asking for more and more "Can I stand at the front of the group?", " Can I go set up the traps?", "Can I go fight the bandits with you ?".

I was that close from just telling her to get lost and throwing her back to our base.

"I wondered if my superior felt the same way about me back then?" I asked myself as I tried to convince myself that I wasn't as annoying as her.

-So, SO?" She pressed while raising her voice, her excited, sparkling eyes meeting my cold and dead focused ones.

-No." I coldly answered, deciding not to corner myself with her any longer.

-Buuut,I already fought against that old guy during our first mission, how much more dangerous could those guys be." She asked, I could feel my patience wearing fine.

Not bothering to explain to her for the 99th time that this first mission was an expectation, and that she could have died at any point if Ion had so much as considered the idea, I raised my left hand up, over the foliage we were hiding in.

Gathering manna into my hand, I used a combination of lightning and metal magic to slowly move a dote of electricity around.
If anyone standing at the foot of the small canyon under us was to see it, they would probably think it was either a star or random firefly flying out in the middle of the night, but, the other half of our forces standing at the other end of stone canyon would understand that it was a signal.

-15 seconds." I announced to the other Unity members standing around me, who were also hiding in the tress and in the ground and were ready to jump down at any moment.