Chapter Forty Two: Exchanges

42. Exchanges

11-18-2023

A/N: Sorry that I posted this a week late! To make up for it, I made this chapter twice as long!

School is a bitch! ( ;`Д')

Q: Since Christmas is next month, what are you guys planning to do?

-----

"Kohaku!"

With adrenaline rushing through your veins, the pain of the arrow subsided, giving you enough energy to cut down any arrows fired at the group. She and the other villagers were surrounding the two men.

"(Y/N)! You're hurt! You can't be doing this!" Kohaku cried out as she glanced down at your leg.

"I can handle it for a little! Just keep them surrounded, but keep your distance!" You told them. "I'll handle all the arrows until there's none left!"

She nodded as she led the warriors to battle. But soon enough, Hyoga and Tsukasa had teamed up to push the villagers back, breaking their spears and weapons. You would circle them to slice any arrows being shot at them.

You heard Nikki's voice calling out, "Tsukasa is a target while he's jumping around! Taiju, use the shock cannon--"

Soon enough, the primate had thrown a spear at the woman, knocking her into Magma and piercing through the dome used for the sound bombs. She and Magma ended up squishing Mantle underneath them, but they luckily did not get stabbed by the spear.

"Nikki!" You called out with Taiju. He then guarded you from incoming Tsukasa warriors from your blind spot. In the corner of your eye, you notice a little brat starting to sneak their way over to the cave of miracles. Furrowing your eyebrows, you turned to the brute. "Taiju, I'm going back to Senku and the others! Haru is going to attack them!"

"Will you be okay? What about your leg?!" He cried out as he noticed your injury beginning to get dirtied up as it slowly bled out.

"I'll be fine!" You told him as you ran towards the cave, leaving him to fight the rest of the army with the others.

As you ran, you sped up as fast as you could, positioning your sword at the hip. Before the child could even enter the cave, you immediately swung the sword using the dull side of it. As you expected, Haru blocked it using the katana that they had stolen a while ago. While you knew they'd block it, you could see that their senses were sharper just by the quick movements they made to create a distance between the both of you. Now you need to take them down a notch.

"I knew you'd be coming after me, senpai," said Haru as a pompous smile curled on their face. "After all, you'd do whatever it takes to keep your science guy safe."

You sighed. "Well, why wouldn't I? He's the reason we're going to win this war, after all."

"Not if I take you out first!"

"Sure, go ahead! I can still win, even with a handicap. After all, I am still your mother's best student," you chuckled with a mischievous smirk growing on your visage. With that, Haru glowered before you, which is precisely what you wanted. "Now, are you ready?"

Gritting their teeth, they replied, "Always have been."

The child then rushed forward with both hands on their blade, slashing and thrashing with speed and strength. You could tell that they'd been training the entire time, as their movements were swifter and more powerful than the last time you saw them. You would take the chance to hastily parry and block each of the strikes, feeling their blazing anger through the blade. However, you could feel that the slashes were pitiful--there was no form to them. It was a wild fury of desperation.