Ten

Freya sat in the aircraft, kicking herself for not realizing it earlier. Loki was just there to use her. He never really loved her.

It wasn't until that the others were getting their asses kicked that Freya noticed she needed to step in the fight. She took her sword and changed into some old Valkyrie war uniform that was kept in the back. Probably once worn by Brunhilde. She stepped out, letting her hair loose as she walked out into the crowd of undead warriors, the Draugr. One by one, she split them in half, bones falling into the void.

Thor noticed her first. "Little sister! You came to help--"

"Yes. Where is Loki?"

"He went inside the palace...the key wasn't stopping Ragnarok, it was starting it!"

"Yeah that makes--wait. Your eye," she pointed out. "Oh, yeah. Hela kind of...stabbed me." Freya nodded and shielded Thor from other Draugr as Brunhilde stabbed Hela. Though Hela was injured, it was barely enough to keep her at bay. That was, until Surtur the fire giant rose out of the heart of Asgard. As the rest of the team went into the giant refugee ship Thor had taken from Sakaar, Freya looked around with teary eyes. Where. Was. Loki?

She had no choice but to climb in the ship. Even though Loki himself had told her he didn't need her, she still felt guilty. She still felt like she needed him. Freya was so busy helping other Asgardians that she didn't notice another presence on the ship.

Freya and Thor had finished healing the last of the Asgardians, Brunhilde helping control the ship when a small sound was heard. Freya whipped her head around, confused. "Is there someone else here? Besides the Asgardians and us?" Freya asked. Thor shrugged. "I'll take care of the rest. You go see what it is. You have your sword right?"

"My sword that is currently covered in blood."

"Still."

"Yeah. I'll, uh, I'll go see what it is."

She got up, leaving Thor and the Asgardian children he was entertaining and walked in the direction of the noise. Freya looked in a seemingly abandoned room, ready to leave when she heard the door slam and lock behind her. She turned around as quick as lightning, pointing her sword at...Loki.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slit your throat right now." She hissed, pointing her sword at Loki's throat. "You have every right to kill me where I stand right now, but please--"

"You lied to me."

"I did..."

"You threw me aside."

"I did."

"You told me you loved me!"

Loki's heart broke and he said with a lump in his throat, "I do." Freya scoffed, dropping her sword. "Don't be stupid. You're just telling me what I want to hear." Tears were now falling down Loki's cheeks. "Dammit, Freya! Why can't you see that I love you?! I'd do anything for you! I would die for you! If you died--if you died, I wouldn't be whole again."

Freya choked back sobs. "You broke my heart. I can't...I can't believe I still love you." She paced around the room. "I never meant to break your heart. I just felt like I needed to push you away to keep you safe." Freya chuckled softly and sadly. "Loki Odinson, you are absolute bullshit at trying to keep people safe. You need a better method."

"I do, my love. I do."

He kissed her forehead and held her close to him. "Are you injured terribly? Do you need me to heal--"

"Nothing more than a few cuts and bruises. Thor and I healed pretty much everyone."

Loki nodded. "So this is the end of Asgard?" Freya nodded. "It's the end. I can only hope that my Mum and Lysa survived," Freya answered solemnly. "Do you want me to see--"

"I just want you, Loki."

He nodded and they sat down on the chaise in the room, holding each other. Then, the worst thing imaginable happened. Out of the giant window of the room, Loki saw an all too familiar ship. "No...no, this cannot be happening...I left this..."

"Loki? What's happening?"

"Thanos. He's back."

End of Part One