Fifteen

They exited the ship to find Thanos standing there...with the Soul Stone. And no Gamora. The team looked to each other anxiously. For now, Loki was normal. But Freya didn't get too close to him, just in case. "Darling, you can trust me," he said.

"I'll decide on that later."

Loki shut up and they faced Thanos. Peter Q was the first one to step up, noticing the Soul stone. "Where is Gamora?" He hissed. This is about to get real shitty real quick, Freya thought. Before any of them could respond, Tony, Peter P, Loki and Mantis were hard at work trying to get the Gauntlet off. Dr. Strange was using some time strands (dunno if that's the name, too bad cause im using it anyway) to hold down Thanos. Peter Q repeated the question, "Where is Gamora?"

"My...my Gamora..."

"Yeah, where is she?!"

"I...I had to..."

"Had to do what?!"

Nebula suddenly interrupted. "A soul for a soul. My father came back with the stone. He didn't come back with Gamora." It was then that Peter Q snapped. Tony noticed it and he quickly said, "Okay, Peter, you gotta cool it right now!"

He did not in fact, cool it.

His anger made Thanos awake from the mind spell Mantis had him under. Thanos threw the Guardians to the side, and Freya to the side as well, who was also helping them. Loki, trying to hold him down, rushed for Freya, shielding the hard impact. He brushed her hair out of her face and kissed her forehead quickly. "Are you alright, dove?" He frantically whispered.

"Yeah. We need to help them."

Loki nodded and they tried holding Thanos down, and it was then that Freya noticed he had five stones...not four. He had the Mind stone too. No...Now Thanos was beating the utter shit out of Tony, and Strange looked pretty bad too. As the fight progressed, it only got worse until Strange called, "Stop! Spare his life, and I'll give you the stone." Freya's eyes widened and she said, "Strange, what the hell--"

"Freya. Please. Thanos, you heard me."

"You put the entire universe in jeopardy to save one man's life."

"Thanos, do we have a deal or not?"

He seemed to consider it before he nodded. Strange opened the locket the final stone was kept in, and the stone inserted itself into the Guantlet. Thanos snapped his fingers once and then disappeared, taking the Guantlet and everything with him.

Peter Q gasped for air as Tony slowly recovered. "Did we just...lose?" Peter asked. Loki, still holding Freya, nodded. His eyes were back to a striking green. Then, almost all of the Guardians began disappearing into thin air. Particles. "No, no, no..." Loki repeated, as if trying to stop the process. "Mr. Stark? I..I don't feel so good." Peter P muttered. Freya looked to the side and whimpered, seeing Peter disappear as well, Tony holding him in his arms.

Then, Loki started disappearing.

Freya whined and cried as she saw her Loki, the man she had loved for seven years, disappear in her arms. It was cruel, he was going slowly. "Freya, my darling...I'm so sorry."

"Don't be...Loki, please...I love you."

"I'm sorry, Freya...I love--"

And he was gone.