Thirteen

Freya, Thor, and the others quickly arrived on Knowhere. They seemed confused. For a place that had probably been decimated, Knowhere was in fairly good condition. But it was deceiving to the eye...

The Guardians and the Asgardian duo hid in a doorway as they heard Thanos talking to the Collector, his foot on the Collector's chest. Freya was physically restrained by Thor, Thanos was in perfect eyesight by her, and he knew damn well Freya would try and kill him first chance she got.

Of course, Drax began to go on about a plan...a plan that was adjusted to his demands. His wife, Ovette, and his daughter, Camaria, were both killed by Thanos. He had a perfect reason to want to kill Thanos. "For Ovette. For Camaria," he hissed quietly. "For Loki," Freya added as they both lunged forward. "No!" Thor shouted as he tried in vain to hold them back. Thanos noticed and turn towards them, blasting Drax back with the Power stone.

He missed Freya.

Freya drove her sword into Thanos' heart. She saw blood drip from his mouth. And even though she had succeeded in her mission, she dropped to the floor in tears. Thor ran after her, holding her in his arms. Then...she heard his voice. "Do I sense sadness in you, little one?" Freya looked around rapidly as she heard Thanos' voice. She realized what she had done wasn't even real. Thanos was standing above her, healthy and uninjured as ever.

"You bastard," Freya spat. "Where is he?!" She yelled, fighting against Thor's grip. Thanos chuckled. "He's right here, little one." In a red glow came Loki...but there was something different about him. It couldn't be. His eyes were bright blue...the same they had been during the attack on New York. "Oh, Loki...what has he done to you?" Loki's face was littered with scars and bruises.

"He's shown me things you can't even imagine, woman! Weakling, thinking you can take down my master!"

"Loki. You're talking crazy." crazy i was crazy once they locked me in a room a rubber room a rubber room with rats and rats make me crazy

"On the contrary, my dear Valkyrie. I know exactly what I speak of."

"You talk of war, ruin. You talk of death, things you already know."

Loki grabbed her chin, then looked the Guardians and Thor in the eye. "If you value this woman's life, you'll surrender immediately." Thor was the one to speak up this time. "Brother, call me a liar if you wish, but you two...you two are in love with each other."

"How could I love someone who can't even get past me? Hm?"

He began to press the tip of one of his daggers to her throat. Freya couldn't help the tears that spilled from her eyes. "Loki, please...don't do this..." She begged, blinking back more tears. Then, she caught an all too familiar sight. The green in his eyes combatting the blue. "He won't let me."

In a moment of what seemed like compassion, Loki only drew a tad bit of blood. Freya whimpered in pain, but didn't give him the satisfaction of collapsing to the ground. She knew that he would have killed her if he truly wanted to. Why, a wave of his hand could snap her neck. But she knew he was saving her for Thanos. The Great Plan, as Nebula called it. He would collect all of the six Infinity stones, and then snap, erasing half of all life from the universe. And Loki wanted Freya to be one of them.