Sixteen

He had just been there.

And now he was gone.

He was fucking gone.

Tony inched forward to Freya, cautiously saying, "Freya...we good?" She looked him square in the eyes, but said nothing. She stumbled to a bare area on the battlefield, and let out a loud, almost animalistic scream. (Think Bucky level scream). The others were taken aback by it, having never seen nor heard Freya at that level before.

She was inconsolable. It took an hour just to get her back on the ship, the badly damaged ship. Freya didn't even know if they would make it home. Not that she cared anyway.

Nebula got them patched up once they were on the ship. She made sure Tony was out of the room before she whispered to Freya, "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. It's that stupid sorcerer's fault for giving away the stone."

What Nebula wanted to say was, "He didn't have a choice," but she knew that would only set Freya off more. She chose wisely to say nothing.

21 Days Later

They had been stuck in space for three weeks. Oxygen was running low, and the food supply was practically gone. Again, not that Freya cared. She was dead inside, broken, now that Loki had been snapped away. What point was there in living?

She thought all hope was lost for them until she saw a bright light at the very front of the ship. A blonde long haired woman, seemingly flying in space without an issue, without a suit, was flying in front of them. It seemed she knew what they wanted, because as soon as her and Freya met eyes, she began to carry the ship down back to Earth.

Almost as soon as the ship landed, Pepper, a man called Rhodes, Steve, Nat and the others who remained were on the ground. Steve and Nat immediately went to go console Freya, they knew she was normally very cheery. "He's gone?" Nat asked. "And he died right after he escaped him." Somehow, Nat just knew.

They were all sat at a circular table, debating on how to stop Thanos. To bring everybody back. Clint was out of the question considering he was on house arrest, taking a break from the Avengers after the mini war between Tony and Steve over the Sokovia Accords.

Tony turned to Freya, asking if she had any ideas. She stood, kicking the chair under the table and summoned a sword. "Where are you going?" Rhodes asked. "To kill the bastard."

Rhodes sighed and said, "Hey. New girl. Everyone here is all about that super hero life, but we gotta do this together." Freya narrowed her eyes and hissed, "We tried. We tried doing it together. And what happened then? We got beat. I'm fucking done. You find Thanos, you come find me."

She promptly collapsed on the ground.

A few hours later, she woke in the medical wing of the compound. The blonde haired woman from earlier was holding her hand. "Huh? What happened?" Freya asked groggily. "You collapsed from the stress being in space put on you."

"And who are you?"

"My name is Carol. Carol Danvers. I saved you, Tony, Thor, and Nebula out there."

"Oh. Thanks," Freya muttered. Carol smiled and patted her hand. "They had to give you a sedative. You were really freaking out back there."

"Do they know? About Loki?"

"Nat knew already, from Tony, but now the rest of them do. They told me to give you their condolences."

"Oh. Thanks, Carol..."

She nodded and stood in the doorway. "Need anything before I go?" Freya shook her head and laid back against the pillow, exhausted. "Alright. You should get some rest. It'll do your body good." Freya nodded and shut her eyes, trying to find some sleep.