Seventeen

Freya woke up some time later, still in the hospital bed. Her mouth was dry and her throat was stinging. When was the last time she drank anything? She opened her eyes and saw Carol sitting in a chair beside the bed, reading. "Oh good, you're awake."

"How long was I out for?"

"About five hours. They sedated you pretty good."

Carol offered Freya a cold glass of water. "Here. You haven't drank anything in some time, you need to hydrate." Freya nodded and took the glass, sipping the cool liquid gingerly. "Were you there the whole time?" She asked.

"No, actually. Me and the team just got back from...from..."

"From what?"

"We killed Thanos," Carol said quietly. Freya wasn't sure what to feel as she heard this announcement. Carol tenderly patted her shoulder and rubbed her arm. "You gonna be okay?" She asked. Freya nodded, though now...she wasn't so sure.

Five Years Later

The Avengers, or those who remained of them, had gone their separate ways. Tony now had a family, he had married Pepper and had a daughter named Morgan. Natasha and Steve were staying at the compound full time, Steve leading a support group. Thor was...somewhere. Freya secretly figured he was probably somewhere in Norway. She didn't know where Clint was. Bruce had created a new formula so he was part Hulk but also part Bruce at the same time, and he was living in New York City. And Freya was living with Carol in her apartment. They didn't know how to label their relationship.

One morning, a very early morning, Freya was awoken by Carol getting out of bed. "Carol? What's going on?" Freya whispered, extremely groggy. "I got a ping on my watch. The galaxy needs me."

"Again?"

"Yeah." Carol kissed Freya's forehead and pulled the blankets up further. "Y'know how long you're gonna be gone?" Freya asked. "I'm afraid I don't...but if I'm gone longer than a week, send a signal out to me." She nodded and watched as Carol left the room.

Later that day, Freya stopped by the compound, knowing Nat and probably Steve would be there. Nat smiled upon her entrance. "Freya. How are you and Carol?" She asked. Freya shrugged. "We're good. Not really sure what to call it right now. Anything from Clint?"

It was then her question was answered in the form of Clint walking into the room, a sad smile on his face.

"Hey, kiddo," he said in a deep gravelly voice. Freya hugged him, with a smile. "Missed you, kid. Thought you might have disappeared with the snap, but Nat told me."

"She tell you anything else?"

"Yeah. I won't get into it."

Freya's expression dropped but she knew there was no point in keep being depressed. It had been five years. There was most likely no chance she was gonna see Loki again.

That was, until Tony walked in with some little watch device.

"Hey, Angel," Tony said upon walking in. "Hey, Tony. What are those for?" She asked, gesturing to the watches. "Oh, did nobody tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"We're gonna try and get everyone back."