f.ifty

niko couldn't stop fidgeting

when haechan was over, they sat down and reenacted previous interviews done by this interviewer. it would be recorded and later posted online for viewers to watch, but right now, all that was being aired was their voices.

niko wasn't too familiar with her interviewer, as she wasn't one to watch or listen to many, but she could tell that the woman in front of her was good at her job.

"it's nice to meet you," the woman greeted from across the table. her voice was kind and her hair was the color of ink. she looked more like a celebrity than niko did, but the girl pushed that thought away as she smiled back. "you as well."

the woman introduced herself as raeun. "you look a little nervous over there! this is your first ever interview, right?"

niko nodded. the woman, raeun, smiled a bit softer than before. "don't worry. we'll go easy on you."

"we're on in three... two..."

the person counted pointed at raeun, and her voice immediately changed from sweet and kind to full of confidence. "good morning! i'm here today with the hottest soloist at the moment, niko tsukina!"

a second passed, and raeun flashed niko a comforting smile. sucking in a breath, niko returned it and tried to speak a bit louder than usual. "hello, i'm niko. thank you for having me on your podcast today!"

the interview went smoother than niko assumed it would. the questions raeun asked were the ones she practiced with haechan—how did you get into music, do you have anything in the works, and you surprised with your success. niko didn't have to try too hard to show how humble she was.

then came the questions she had not anticipated.

"now, niko. if it's alright with you, i want to ask you about your time at vybe."

the girl blinked. she should have expected some questions about them, especially since it's no secret she worked there before moving to ruby to debut.

"you are aware that vybe is releasing a new album this week, is that right?"

niko nodded. "yes, that's right."

"do you also know that this is vybe's best selling album yet?"

niko didn't respond. was it really?

"and guess who's credited with nearly all the lyrics?" raeun asked. niko could hear the pride in her voice as she said, "niko tsukina."

that part niko knew. she'd written most of their lyrics anyway, but receiving credit for her work was still so surreal to her.

raeun continued. "their newest album hasn't even released yet and it's sold more copies already than any of their previous albums! fans speculate you're the cause."