Chapter 9

Tom went back inside the club, looking for Grace, only to find her sitting in the corner with one of her friends, as he went closer, he noticed the water rolling down her cheeks.

he sped up his pace and went down on his knees in front of her taking her hands in his.

"My love, what's wrong?" he asked concerned.

Grace had trouble talking, so her friends talked on her behalf.

"Grace darling you dont have to tell him right away, but tell him what you just told me," she said.

she looked down at their intertwined hands.

"Tom I want to go home, can you take me with you home?" she asked as she lifted her head to meet his brown eyes.

Tom was taken a little by surprise seeing the pain in her eyes, but his eyes softened by the look of her.

"of course, come let us go home love," he said, standing up, never letting go of Grace's hand, leading her out, and taking her home.

He led her to his bedroom, never once letting go of her hand. Grace found herself in a room filled with soft, muted light and the comforting scent of his cologne.

Tom opened his wardrobe and handed her a set of his clothes, a simple but meaningful gesture. Grace changed into them, finding comfort in the scent of his shirt against her skin. When she was ready, she climbed into bed, and Tom followed, his strong, protective presence offering her solace.

They lay side by side, Grace nestled against Tom's chest. His fingers played with her hair, gently massaging her scalp, his touch a soothing caress that sent shivers down her spine. She felt her tense muscles slowly relax under his care.

Tom leaned down and placed a soft, tender kiss on the nape of her neck, his lips lingering for a moment before he pulled back.

Grace closed her eyes, her breathing steady, and the weight of the past lifted from her shoulders.

"hmm" she almost moaned out.

"feels good yeah?" he asked her.

"yeah, feels very good."

In the calming silence between the pair, the girl found the courage to speak up.

"Tom I wanna tell you why I was crying earlier," she said.

Tom, slowly turned her around to look at him. "Im here to listen, Love"

she took a deep breath.

"seeing you, hearing your voice, talking with you, everything with you makes my day better tom, you're the first boy I trusted since my last relationship."

Tom's heart swelled with affection and appreciation for her honesty. He reached out and softly caressed her cheek, his touch filled with tenderness. "Grace, I can tell that it was a toxic relationship, I'm so grateful that you trust me. I want you to know that I'm here for you"

Tom always had a deep desire of being wanted, or to be needed. Now he had found peace, being someone else's peace of mind. For so long, Tom had yearned to be wanted and needed, but now he recognized that there was a profound serenity in being the person Grace could turn to, the one who could offer solace and understanding. Tom found peace in being the person who could ease Grace's pain and be the one she could rely on. 

He was needed, wanted, and in a growing way, loved.

"thank you, Tom, that really means a lot to me." she smiled at him

"well you got it love!" he said, trying to lift the mood.

She laughed, and if he could have bottled the sound and gotten drunk on it, he would have.

She laid Down on his chest once again, giving it a small kiss.
He let out a small giggle as it tickled. His hand went back into her hair, they stayed like that for a while until he hear her sleeping.
He slowly pulled her off him, tucked her into the covers.
Held her and kissed her forehead.
"Goodnight my love" he said as he closed his own eyes.

The morning sun rose and shined right into my eyes. I groaned as I pulled the covers up to hide my face. I reached my arm out to pull Grace closer, but she wasn't there.
What the fuck?

I got out of bed, went downstairs thinking it was like last time, that she had woken up before me and made coffee or something but she wasn't downstairs either, not in the living room, not in the kitchen, I got back upstairs in my bedroom.
As I sat on the bed I slowly began to feel the panic rise.

Did she leave? Did she regret last night?
Maybe I did something wrong maybe I said something.

Just as I picked my phone up to call her, the door to the bathroom opened and out came a Grace with her hair wet and her body wrapped in a towel WAY too small.