Chapter 10

After hastily retreating from Garam, Eunchae sought solace within the confines of her room. Her heart raced uncontrollably, betraying the turmoil within. "There's no way I'm falling for Garam." she whispered, her voice barely audible in the silence.

Recollecting the animosity that had defined their relationship, she convinced herself that any feelings were futile. Aware of Garam's affection for Kazuha, Eunchae brushed away her tears, determined to quell her emotions and push them into the recesses of her mind. With a heavy sigh, she resolved to embrace the solace of sleep, banishing any further thoughts of Garam from her restless mind.

As Eunchae departed, leaving Garam alone outside, a whirlwind of conflicting thoughts and emotions flooded her mind. Could it be possible that she was developing feelings for Eunchae? But she swiftly dismissed the idea, reminding herself that Garam's heart belonged to Kazuha, not her.

Refusing to dwell on the unsettling possibility, she rose from her seat and made her way to her room, determined to silence the perplexing thoughts by surrendering to the solace of sleep.

As Yunjin left Kazuha's room, leaving her to find solace in the stillness, she retreated to her own dwelling. Standing by the window, she gazed out at the serene night, contemplating the events of the evening.

Her attention was soon drawn to a scene unfolding outside—Garam and Eunchae engaged in conversation. Yunjin couldn't help but wonder about the nature of their discussion, her mind racing with curiosity. Observing their interaction from afar, she found herself pondering the depth of Eunchae's feelings for Garam, fully aware of the unspoken affection that seemed to linger between the two.

However, the complexities of Garam's own sentiments remained a mystery to Yunjin, as the enigmatic blend of her affections for both Kazuha and Eunchae left Yunjin grappling with the intricate dynamics at play within their tangled web of emotions.

As Yunjin settled into her room, the memory of her recent confrontation with Garam resurfaced, vivid and unsettling.

Yunjin's room was still steeped in the lingering warmth of the evening's events when Garam stormed in, her expression riddled with frustration.

"Yunjin, why are you avoiding Kazuha?." Garam's voice was edged with concern and exasperation. "Do you even realize how much she cares about you?." she continued, her tone softening slightly. "Your distance is only hurting her more. You need to stop avoiding her. Kazuha doesn't deserve to be sad and worried about you. You don't deserve the attention she's giving you." Garam emphasized, her eyes searching for a response from Yunjin, who remained silent, grappling with the weight of Garam's words.

Garam's frustration morphed into a passionate plea, her voice tinged with a hint of desperation. "It should be me who deserves Kazuha's attention, not you." Garam asserted, her eyes locking with Yunjin's. "You don't even care about her the way I do. You've made it clear that you'll always be alone, that you'll never fall in love again after what happened with your first love." Garam continued, her voice softening as she reached out to Yunjin, searching for some semblance of understanding. Unbeknownst to Garam, Yunjin's first love had confided in Sakura, expressing a heartfelt wish for Yunjin to find love once more, to experience happiness again. As the weight of Garam's words settled between them, Yunjin remained silent, grappling with the conflicting emotions that surged within her.

As Yunjin remained silent, Garam persisted, her voice a mix of determination and frustration. "You made a promise to yourself, Yunjin. You said you'd never love anyone else after your first love. Kazuha doesn't stand a chance with you. She shouldn't waste her time waiting for you to love her because it will never happen." Garam declared, her resolve unwavering. "I've promised myself that I'll do whatever it takes to make Kazuha like me and love me." she continued, her tone growing more forceful. "You need to leave Kazuha alone. Treat her as a friend, nothing more. Don't get in the way of Kazuha and me." Garam warned, her voice laced with a sense of urgency. "If not, Kazuha might end up like your first love did. You better stay away from her." she concluded, her words carrying a weighty threat. Before the tension could escalate further, Sakura intervened, stepping between Garam and Yunjin. With a firm hand, she pushed Garam away, commanding her to stop. "Enough of this, Garam. Remember that Yunjin is your friend. Leave now." Sakura demanded, her tone unwavering. Reluctantly, Garam stormed out, her anger palpable in the air.