Ada & The Queen

Adelaide 'Ada' Woodhouse is in love.

Her studies at the University of London have come to an end and she begins to work at the British Museum, honing her research and literary skills in the archives department, while still refusing to venture into the detective career.

In love more than ever with her 'useless' Earl of Nottingham Louis Hatton, the Woodhouses face the prospect of Adelaide becoming "affianced" before the social season comes to an end.

Her brothers, Dr Theodore and Emerson Woodhouse do what they can to scare Louis off, but find matters of the heart are complicated indeed when old faces shake up their own relationships.

But, soon arrives a request from Windsor Castle - for Adelaide?

People - from footmen and maids - are dropping dead mysteriously at the royal court. Queen Victoria is depressed, in mourning and afraid as court politics and intrigue have everyone a suspect.

Isolated and alone with very few friends and trustees, the Queen needs Adelaide - but she is adamant she is not a detective. Yet curiosity gets the better of her, and a simple piece of advice turns into a full-blown unofficial investigation that puts Adelaide behind bars on crimes of attempted regicide while a scandalous society paper makes the rounds sending Theodore and Emerson on the warpath as the Woodhouse reputation once again, finds itself in jeopardy.

During the peak of another social season, lives are changing everywhere - some for the better and others for the worse. As she fights her innocence (again), Adelaide finds that what the heart wants, the heart will do everything in its power to get, even if it means taking others down too.

BOOK #3 OF THE WOODHOUSE SERIES