Character List

Adelaide Woodhouse/Ada Carne - The youngest Woodhouse sibling, recently graduated from University College London and working at the British Museum in the literary archives. She is courting Louis Hatton, Earl of Nottingham and preparing for her first social season, but finds herself involved in a case at the heart of the royal court. 

Louis Hatton, Earl of Nottingham - The dashing young Earl of Nottingham who has recently returned home from Paris, France to start a research position at King's College, London, while working for the Classics, British and European history departments at the British Museum. He is courting Adelaide Woodhouse and finds himself trying to prove his worth to her brothers. 

Emerson Woodhouse, Viscount Porthleven - The oldest Woodhouse sibling and a former Royal Navy medic and current hospital consultant and surgeon. He is awaiting the arrival of his first child with his wife, Charlotte while trying to protect his family from a scandal that seems to be creeping up on them. 

Charlotte Woodhouse, Viscountess Porthleven - Emerson's wife, a nurse and expecting their first child - high-risk pregnancy that has on bed rest for her final few months. 

Dr Theodore Woodhouse, Baron le Despencer - The middle Woodhouse sibling and a famous detective and private investigator for the Met Police. He too is trying to protect his family from scandal but is also secretly involved in one himself. 

Florence Moore - A Scottish gentlewoman and Adelaide's former governess who now works as Theodore's personal assistant. 

Lady Christina Hatton - The younger sister of Louis and the heiress to the Earldom of Nottingham. She is entering her first social season since her disastrous engagement last summer and has taken up charity work in fostering animals before they are adopted. 

Colin Boyle, Viscount Dungarvon - A young Irishman and Louis's friend who is in London for the social season to find a wife. 

Commissioner Edmund Adler of the Metropolitan Police - The head of the Metropolitan Police and Theodore's friend and unofficial boss. 

Queen Victoria of Great Britain and Ireland - The widowed Queen of the country living in solitude in Windsor, attending social events occasionally. As some people around her start dropping dead, she becomes fearful that someone is out to get her.

Jane Loftus, Marchioness of Ely - The Queen's chief mistress of the bed chamber (lady-in-waiting) who helps and guides her daily. 

Albert "Bertie", Prince of Wales - The heir to the throne and a gambling, heavy-drinking philandering man who is suspicious of everyone when people end up dead at court, but is also believed to be the number one suspect. 

Venetia Winthrop, Marchioness of Aylesbury - The Prince of Wales's mistress who is a Marchioness in her own right. She is glamorous and powerful but also spiteful, harbouring a mysterious past. 

Emily Dickens - A toxicologist and pathologist who is an assistant to the Chief Coroner of England and Wales. She is engaged to Ambrose Lisle-Twickenham and will be married by the end of summer. 

Ambrose Lisle-Twickenham - A barrister at the Crown Court and Theodore's oldest and best friend. He is engaged to marry Emily Dickens by the end of the summer.

Lady Octavia Murphy - A young socialite who is Louis's former flame and Christina's friend. She reunites with the Hattons after a year apart but has not forgiven Adelaide, resulting in some scandalous consequences. 

Lucy Calthorpe - A young socialite and a friend of Christina and Octavia. Her family are wealthy and originate from the Midlands, with them making their fortune in the East India Trading Company. She is on the marriage market and befriends Adelaide. 

Maude Fairfax - An Australian-born English socialite who is friends with Christina and Octavia. Her family are the powerful and influential Fairfax family. She was raised in Perth and moved to England for her debut, before returning to Australia for some time and has now settled in England with her newlywed sister and is looking for a husband. 

Almina Villiers, Duchess of Buckingham - Charlotte's estranged mother who comes to London to look after her daughter when put on bed rest, causing disruption and chaos in the Woodhouse household. 

Elizabeth Moore - Florence's guardian who comes to London for the social season. 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi everyone!

A BIG character list but these are all the ones that will be playing a role in the story. 

It is the social season so there will be mentions of many others, including royals, but these are the ones who play a significant role. 

There is going to be so much scandal and whispers and tension and intrigue - it's going to be amazing!

Above, attached is the Bridgerton Theme Song - mainly because it was the only song I could think of that could describe the elegance and luxury of the social season as the entire series is based on it. And, there may be a small little easter egg in this story that is similar to Bridgerton. 

Next up, I'll have the glossary as there are a lot of words that some people may not know about. It will also feature a list of the social season events that Adelaide will attend and a few others that may be mentioned. 

So, I'll see you all there!

xxx