safe space

(I request you to please spare some time to read the postscript at the end)

Hey there,
I know you've been feeling low since a while;
I know you haven't been eating well, nor getting enough rest.
I know you're pretending. You're smiling, and laughing. But on the inside, you're crying.

I understand that you want to push yourself,
but that requires energy too.

And it's okay if you take a break.

It's okay if you decide to care for yourself.

It's okay if you want to put yourself first.

It's okay if you don't want to be strong today.

It's okay to feel weak.

It's okay to acknowledge your emotions and feel vulnerable.

You don't have to be strong when you don't have the energy to be strong.

It's okay to feel tired after holding yourself up for so long, after dealing with heavy emotions, and thoughts.

Please don't punish yourself for not being as strong as you expected yourself to be.
Because it's okay to feel this way.

You have been strong for so long, and it's okay to let your tears out.

So take your time, breathe. Let your emotions out. You don't have to be strong here.

You say such comforting words to others. Please say those words to yourself for once.

***

PS: 'safe space' was requested to me by one of you. I hope you're here.

And this is also for whoever is feeling weak at the moment, and feels like breaking down. This is a safe place. You can share whatever you wish in the comments. There will be no judgement. In fact, it makes me proud when people acknowledge their emotions.

Readers, it would be really nice if y'all shared your stories and how you deal with those emotions to the person who requested this space. Because it would make them feel like they aren't alone.
Please help me make this a real safe space. I won't be able to do it without you.

I appreciate each one of you who would take their time to help someone they don't even know.
Thank you!
:)