05

Dallas

I could hardly sleep that night.

And it wasn't just because there was a shirtless stranger sleeping across from me. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that I'm in college, nor could I stop thinking about Grayson.

Tonight was actually nice. To think I was having doubts about our relationship.

Fuck, I feel like an idiot.

Though I had managed to get a bit of sleep, I still got up the next morning feeling tired and physically withdrawn. I get out of my bed and yawned as I wiped my weary eyes awake.

Coffee. That's what I needed.

My roommate's bed is empty and perfectly made, which lead me to believe that he was out. Classes haven't even started yet, where would he have gone this early in the morning?

I head towards the bathroom and twist the door knob. My roommate, Avery, who I assumed had gone out, was standing before the vanity mirror wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.

Oooohhhh...

"Shit, I'm sorry." I shake my head as I retreated and closed the bathroom door as quick as I possibly could.

Oh my god!

Again?

Does this guy have no idea how to lock a bloody door?

Well, to be fair, he did lock the door the first time, but who on earth has a shower and leaves the door unlocked?

Okay, maybe I'm being too dramatic.

I mean, it's not like I caught him fully naked, that would have been another story entirely. Still, it's not exactly a situation that I wanted to be in.

He exits the bathroom, still wearing nothing but a towel as he heads over to his dresser.

Uh...

My gaze is averted as I stand awkwardly and uncomfortably.

So far, this whole 'having a roommate' thing wasn't working out. I kinda wish we could have chosen our roommates, perhaps then I would have chosen someone less attractive.

Not that his attractiveness has anything to do with this.

Oh my god, I shouldn't be calling him attractive! Is that basically cheating?

God I wished there were single dorms here, perhaps then I wouldn't be blushing like an idiot.

After getting his clothes out of the dresser, he heads back into the bathroom and closes the door.

Okay, at least he didn't say anything...

I walk over to the nightstand beside my bed and reach for my phone. I had hoped to wash my face before going out in public, but for right now, I didn't care. Then again, perhaps walking around on campus in my pjs is a bad idea.

Oh my god, I swear my head is not right today.

"The bathroom is free." He says when he finally returns, this time he is fully dressed.

Okay...

I head over to my dresser and pick an outfit for today, along with one of the towels I had packed into the top drawer before heading into the shower.

After showering and getting dressed, I place my pjs into my 'dirty clothes' hamper before exiting the bathroom.

The room is now empty, which meant that Avery must've went out. He's probably gone to find a brand new girl to bring back to his bed.

I quickly put on a pair of socks, then my shoes, and then I head out.

I was craving caffeine.

I unlock my phone and google the nearest cafe before following the directions, which took me down the street from campus and around the block.

When I arrive at the cafe, I wait in line and then I order a vanilla latte.

After I had left my dorm room, I had texted Cody, Hannah and Lucy to see if they wanted to meet up for coffee. Cody politely declined, Hannah didn't respond—which probably meant that she was asleep—and Lucy said that she had to meet with the dean this morning. Which left me all alone.

Maybe Grayson is awake?

I pull out my phone and text him.

Me:
Hey, want to get coffee together?

In the time it took to wait for my coffee, get my coffee, then take my coffee to a two-person table at the back, Grayson had still not texted back.

Maybe he's also asleep?

I mean, it is seven in the morning, and classes don't start until next week.

I take an eager sip from my latte with no regards for my tongue, which instantly burned.

Fuck!

I winced as I reached for a paper towel and proceeded to scrape my tongue.

Stupid latte!

Whilst I waited for my latte to cool down, I whipped out my phone and checked all of my social media feeds.

"Hey roomie." Someone interrupts me as I scrolled through my Instagram feed. I look up to see Avery, and I stayed to feel awkward again.

"Oh... hi." I gave an awkward smile.

"You sitting here alone?" He wondered.

"Pshh, no." I lied. "Just, waiting for my friends."

"Okay, cool."

I have never felt like more of a loser than this moment right now.

"Well, you could sit with my friends and I until they get here if you wanted to?"

Oh? He's offering to let me sit with him and his friends?

Uhhhhh....

"I don't want to impose." I say.

"You wouldn't be." He says.

"Um.. okay, sure." I smiled, slipping my phone back into my pocket before taking my latte and following Avery to his friends.

"Guys, this is my roommate..." Avery says, hinting that he didn't remember my name.

"Dallas." I say, taking the empty seat.

"Right, Dallas..." Avery said, as if he was trying to not forget my name again.

"This is Mason, Gus and Brandon."

Each of the guys offered a small wave.

"Nice to meet you." I say, trying to be nice.

"You going to that frat party tonight?" The guy whose name was Gus asked me.

"Oh, I don't know.." I answered.

"You should come, trust me." Brandon intervened. "I know frat parties might seem crazy, but they're really not that bad."

Hmmmm.

Well, I guess it could be nice?

"Sure, why not? It sounds cool."