26

Grayson

"The man you put in prison." Avery's words began to echo through my mind.

What?

What in the actual fuck was going on?

His dad was the drunk driver that hit me?

And what? This entire thing is a set up?

Did he get close to Dal just to mess with me?

And did they drug him just to lure me down here so that they could confront me?

"Your father was the drunk driver?" I asked out loud for clarification.

Avery's eyes faltered, then one of his brother's stepped closer, his arms crossed sternly as he seethed in my direction. "He wasn't that drunk."

I scoffed at that. Wasn't that drunk? Pshhh, Yeah right. Uh, he blew a 0.14!

Shaking my head with disbelief, I help Dallas to a nearby seat before returning my attention back to the three idiot spawns of the guy that put me in a coma.

Well, technically I did that when I pushed Dallas out of the way, but if he wasn't driving drunk, perhaps he would have seen Dallas and moved out of the way? Or perhaps if he weren't so drunk, maybe he would have stopped the car all together.

"So what? You deliberately drugged Dallas just to get to me?" I wondered. "What are you? Psychopaths?"

"He will be fine in an hour or two." Avery says. "I wouldn't hurt him."

Anger flooded through my entire body as I clenched my fists. You wouldn't hurt him? You fucking drugged him!

"We lost everything because of you." The other one says, I'll just call him dumbass for now since I didn't know his actual name.

I couldn't believe them. 'They lost everything?'

What about me?

I lost my shot at an athletic scholarship!

I almost lost Dallas!

I ALMOST LOST MY LIFE!

LIKE, WHAT THE ACTUAL F—

"W-wait." Dallas slurred as he attempted to stand up from the seat where I had just placed him, his footing was uneasy. "Did you-" He paused with a frustrated breath, as if trying to find the correct words to say. "Did you know who I was when I first became your roommate?" He asked, moving closer to Avery. I grip his arm in a protective manner, to keep him close to me.

When Avery didn't answer, Dallas' face fell. I could tell that he was hurt by the fact that his roommate was nothing but a fucking snake. Of course, I have never liked Avery, but I never in a million years expected that he could possibly be the spawn of the drunk driver whose vehicle hit my body and caused me to go comatose.

"You used me to get to Grayson?" Dallas muttered.

Again, Avery didn't answer, which in turn was a very clear answer. I was beginning to think that he was nothing but a pathetic little bitch, though I guess that a part of me has always felt that way about him.

"And what exactly do you hope to achieve by luring me down here and confronting me?" I wondered.

"That money from your settlement was supposed to be ours." The other one interjected—let's call him Dumbass number 2.