09

Lucy

The walk wasn't so long, given that we had only walked upstairs and were now standing on a balcony with an obscured view of the city.

"I didn't expect a frat party to be this chill." I voiced.

"The night is still young." Mitchell says. "Anything can happen."

That's life. We're all just standing on the precipice of the unknown.

I look over at him and I come to the realisation that I am having a strong sense of Deja Vu. The way his brown hair shone beneath the moonlight, it was all too familiar.

Why did I have the sudden urge to kiss him?

I can't do that.

No.

I cannot.

"I have a confession to make." He says, his voice soft and sweet.

Please don't say it...

"I..." he paused. "I have a thing for you."

My heart skipped a beat.

"I know you're my brother's best friend, and it's probably a bad idea for us to be together, but I can't deny it. You're pretty, funny, annoyingly smart... you check all of my boxes."

I check all of your boxes? Cringe.

I blushed uncontrollably, smiling at the words he had just spoken. His brown eyes stared down at me as I tiptoed and planted my lips against his, consequences be damned.

His hands cupped my face, keeping our lips together.

Abruptly, I pull apart and place a hand to his chest.

I can feel his heart racing.

"We shouldn't." I say. "Dallas would probably kill us."

"At least I'll die happy" He says.

I don't know why, but him saying that just made me want him all the more, even though it made me cringe. I crashed my lips against his, again.

And again..

Dallas

After relieving my bladder, I wash my hands and face before looking at myself in the vanity mirror. It didn't take a genius to realise that I was currently beyond the verge of being tipsy. In fact, I was admittedly drunk enough that if I were to have another beer, I would probably puke, or pass out.

I take a breath, giving myself an encouraging smile in the mirror before heading towards the door.

"You looked like you were having fun before." Grayson says after I had exited the bathroom.

"Yeah. I guess?" I responded. "Keg standing is actually not as bad as it seems."

"Well, in the spirit of having fun... I was thinking that you and I should ditch this party and have one of our own?"