06

Lucy

I had originally been paired with a stranger for a roommate, but after begging the dean this morning, my roommate was swapped with Hannah, who was already decorating her side of the room with all things pink.

Ugh.

"So, I think after this year is over, we should move somewhere off campus?" I voiced my idea.

"You mean, get an apartment?" Hannah queried.

"Yeah, my dad can pay for it. Dallas and Cody can even move in with us!" I say.

"That's actually a great idea!" Hannah said with excitement. "Think of all the parties we can throw."

Of course she's only thinking of throwing parties.

"Have you heard from Jake?" I wondered.

Hannah huffed. "Not since before he left."

"I'm sure he will call you today." I hoped.

I look over at her and she's frowning, which made me feel bad for asking her about it in the first place.

"Did you know that Cody had a crush on Dallas?" I changed the subject.

"I was there when he told you." She says. "Honestly, I couldn't even believe it."

"I know right. I never expected that Cody would ever like... well, anyone."

As Hannah continued decorating, a text came through on my phone.

M:
Wyd today?

Me:
Hannah and I are decorating our room.

What about you?

M:
Not sure yet.

Me:
Maybe I will see you later?

M:
Maybe you will :)

I smiled at that.

God, I feel like a pathetic kid with a stupid crush.

I feel my phone vibrate in my hand and I expected to see another text from Mitchell. Instead, it was a text from Dallas.

Dal:
Frat party tonight???

I could not believe the words. Dallas, of all people, wanted to go to a frat party?

Me:
Seriously??

Dal:
What better way to start our college experience than with a frat party?

"Dallas wants to go to a frat party tonight, you in?" I asked Hannah.

"Hells yeah!"

Me:
Hannah and I are in!

Dal:
Sweet!

I'll ask Cody, now.

"I can't believe we're going to a frat party." I say.

"I can't believe that Dallas is the one who suggested it." Hannah said, slightly amused.