30

Dallas

Eyes wide open, I stare at him as he kissed me passionately, his own eyes closed.

At first I was so shocked at his kiss that I couldn't even move, but then I found myself politely shoving him off of me.

Why did he have to kiss me? I thought to myself.

His eyes flutter open and he gets this look in his eyes—the look of realising that he had just made a mistake.

"I'm sorry." He breathed, taking a step backwards. "For everything."

"Avery." I hesitated.

"It's okay." He says, as if knowing exactly what I was going to say. "You don't see me that way."

There was a time when I was somewhat attracted to Avery, I mean, he's stunning, I can admit as much—I'm not blind. But no matter how attractive he is, he's not Grayson.

I am still in love with Grayson...

Even after all that has happened.

Even after he hooked up with my best fiend, who, by the way, I still haven't heard a peep from since that awful night when everything turned to complete shit.

I never stopped loving him... I just grew afraid of telling him, because I didn't want to be embarrassed.

I mean, our year together has been weird.

There were times when I thought that we weren't even a real couple, that perhaps we were more suited to being friends.

But I was a fool.

I wanted Grayson.

I wanted to kiss him and tell him that I loved him.

I wanted to be with him.

I should be with him.

"I'm sorry." I frowned.

"It's okay, really." He says, scratching the back of his neck. "You're in love with Grayson, and I'm leaving anyways so...."

"When do you leave?" I wondered.

"I've already withdrew and cleared out my things from our room." He says.

"So you're leaving now?" I asked.

"Yeah." He seemed nervous.

"Good luck." I say to him.

"I wish you all the best, Dallas." He smiled at me. "You're a pretty good roommate."

"I'm the best roommate what do you mean?" I joked.

He slightly chuckled at that before frowning. "You should go and tell Grayson that you love him." He says.

I practically scoffed at the idea.

"Do you not love him?" Avery wondered.

"No... I do.." I paused. "I just... I don't want to embarrass myself." I explained. "What if he doesn't love me back?"

Avery laughed at that, which caused me to throw a glare his way.