25

Dallas

What was going through Avery's mind? I had thought that he hated his brothers, yet, here they are, and here he is, clinking their cheap glasses of beer as if they were good buddies.

I was so confused.

"So... where are you guys from?" I asked for no particular reason.

They exchanged a look with each other before Callum answered. "Castletown."

My eyes widen with surprise. That town is not far from my hometown.

"Really?" I queried.

"Yeah." Neal added. "It's a shitty town."

"It's only forty minutes away from Redfield." I say. "Which was where I grew up."

"No shit?" Callum said, surprisedly. He was already on his fourth, no, not fourth, his fifth beer. Meanwhile, I was still trying not to puke whilst finishing my first.

"Uh, I'll be back." I tell them, setting my disgusting beer down so that I could head to the bathroom and relieve myself.

There was no way I was finishing that beer.

In fact, all I want to do right now is go home.

After relieving my bladder, I head over to the vanity and I wash my hands, and then my face—which was sweating. Why was I sweating when I was cold?

I must have the flu?

It can't be due to inebriation, given that I've only had a few reluctant sips. Okay, I lied, I drank half. Half of my beer was currently making my insides feel nauseous. Perhaps it's that?

I dry my hands using paper towels before heading out. When I return to Avery and his brothers, I suddenly began to feel withdrawn, as if I was being lulled to sleep. I sat down in the booth and slumped backwards.

"Are you okay?" Avery wondered.

"Hmm." I said as my eyes threatened to close on me. "I... am... fine."

"I'm so sorry." I heard Avery whisper.

Huh? Sorry for what? I wanted to say but I couldn't form the words.

Oh my god.

Did they drug me?

Oh my fucking god they drugged me!

My vision began to blur and warp, and everything around me began to darken.

Grayson

I had been staring at my phone nonstop, as if doing so would will Dallas into finally responding to my texts.

Mitchell had decided to stay back in Redfield with Lucy, now that they're out of the hetero closet I would guess they have a lot of things they've been wanting to do. Like dinner with the parents, and no, that's not just a guess. Mitchell had texted earlier explaining that they were introducing each other to their parents, which, in my opinion, was kind of weird. I mean, doesn't Lucy already know Mitchell's parents through Dal? Plus, they haven't even really been dating that long... though, I guess they have been nonstop flirting for the past year or so, I wouldn't be surprised if they were already planning their wedding.