OUAT - Killian Jones

Summary: You and Killian were famous rivals. The two of you may have hated each other with a burning passion, but there was a silent respect between the two of you that prevented either of you from killing the other. One night you find yourself desperate for help and he's the only person you can turn to. Will he help you or leave you out to dry?

Pairings: Killian Jones x Reader

Trigger Warnings: Drowning, slight suicidal ideation, and light swearing.

Requested: No

——————————————————————————

Every inch of your body was throbbing with bruises. Your ears were ringing, you were covered in blood, one of your eyes were swelling quickly—it wasn't looking good for you.

Being the person you were, you gritted your teeth and forced yourself to your feet. Using every nearby building to keep your balance, you moved as quickly as possible to the docks.

As much as you hated for him to see you beg for his help, you had no other choice. He was the closest thing you had to a friend in that town. You knew he'd help you for a price, but, in that moment, you were willing to pay anything.

You felt the cool ocean's breeze stinging your face and listened to the familiar creaking of wood as the waves gently rocked the Jolly Roger.

You could feel your knees growing weaker, so you quickened your pace as much as your strength would allow. You pushed yourself too much and ended up stumbling off of the dock and plunging into the cold water.

Normally, you would've swam to the surface and simply climbed up the side of the boat, but you were too weak. The tide began to pull you outward and you could feel yourself sinking deeper and deeper. Although the water burned your lungs and you were panicking deep down, you figured there were worse ways to die.

You closed your eyes and allowed yourself to relax. The sea welcomed you as it gently carried you away from the town. As your consciousness began to fade, you felt an arm wrap around your waist.

Someone must've seen you fall in and decided to help you. Maybe living in a town filled with fairytale goody-two-shoes wasn't so bad after all.

When you reached the surface, the man that grabbed you released a loud gasp for air while pulling you to shore. When you felt land, you instinctively opened your eyes and started vomiting the water that had invaded your body.

"What the bloody hell's the matter with you?" Killian angrily heaved as he tried to catch his breath.

Through coughs, you answered him, "I need help." After your fit, you rolled over on your back and looked up at the bright stars littering the night sky.

Killian was finally able to get a good look at you. "Bloody hell, Y/n. What happened?" He pulled you into his lap and started to assess your injuries.

"Black Beard and his crew are in Storybrooke." You let out a sarcastic chuckle. "One good thing about this damn town was that they weren't here. Guess the second curse is what brought 'em."

"Didn't know you had bad blood with that troll." He carefully slipped his arms beneath you and grunted as he picked you up. "No need to worry, love. I'll keep you safe till you're back in shape."

He carried you to his chamber and carefully placed you onto the bed. "What's your price?" You made yourself comfortable, not caring what would happen next.

He draped a towel over you and helped you dry off. "No price. If he wants you dead then I want you alive." Once he deemed you dry enough from the towel, he tossed it onto the floor and sat down at the edge of the bed next to you. "I won't let him get away with this."

"Has Captain Hook gone soft after all these years?" You flashed him a playful smirk.

"Well, I've been helping the good guys recently. Rubs off on you."

"It's like a plague, isn't it?"

He shook his head. "No." He looked down at his hand and hook. "Actually, it makes things clearer. May want to try it sometime."

"I'll stick to being average for the moment." Your sigh turned into a groan as you readjusted your arm. "I've had enough adventures in the other realm to last a lifetime."

"Black Beard bruised more than your face, didn't he?" Killian chuckled.

"Damn you, Jones." You felt your eyelids getting heavy.

Although you couldn't see it, he smiled down at you. "Sweet dreams, love."

Written: November 8, 2023
Edited: TBD