Know your worth

A little over a month had passed and things were getting back to normal, or as normal as they could be for Isyss.

Her head was in the sink as she, like the day before spent most of her morning throwing up.

"Hey you okay?" Isla asked walking into her bathroom stall rubbing her back.

"Yea, ready to get this appointment over with." Isyss said sitting up straight.

"You know you dont have to go in alone." She said and Isyss nodded.

"I know but why make you come for something that had nothin at all to do with you. Plus I mean, I never thought I'd be gettin an abortion but a baby right now? By Jabari? Sound like a nightmare." She admitted.

She hadn't seen him since the night she kicked him out of her house.

After wiping her mouth Isyss headed to the sink, rinsed her mouth and washed her hands.

"Thanks for coming with me tho." Isyss said to her sister before they made their way outside of the bathroom.

They headed to the front desk to check-in.

"Isyss Garrett." She said checking in.

"Gia Merrick." Isyss looked over at the familiar voice.

The last person she expected to see at the abortion clinic was Gia but it was surprising.

Isyss looked the other way and grabbed her paperwork before heading to the seat next to her sister.

The clinic was virtually empty outside of them, Gia and whoever she was with.

Isyss felt eyes on her and when she looked up the person next to Gia stared her down.

It was a man of course, she was sure she knew whose face was behind the mask.

Jabari had blown up and overnight so it made sense he would try to disguise himself with an ugly ass mask she thought as she rolled her eyes.

"Maybe you should tell him." Isla suggested and Isyss didnt even bother averting her gaze as she stared directly into Jabari's eyes.

"Tell a nothin ass nigga I'm havin an abortion? Seems pointless." Isyss said and Isla sighed

Isyss could feel Jabari's eyes burning a hole in the side of her face.

"It's his baby too." Her sister countered and she looked at her.

"Like he will believe me and if he did..." She paused.

"It's a baby he won't carry, prolly won't love and-" She paused looking at her sister with a look of doubt on her face.

"If I couldn't trust this nigga to stand on his word for business how could I trust him to stand on business for a baby?" She explained as Isla nodded, and Jabari leaned forward about to lower his mask.

Isyss noticed this as she looked directly into his eyes

"Plus he has much more to worry about, I'm sure I'm not tha only woman he has getting an abortion." She said still looking directly at him.

Isla caught where her sister had been staring off into as she blinked a few times and realized he was sitting directly across from them.

They didn't need to confirm, it was easy to spot him simply because they knew him.

"Shit at this point you couldn't even pay me to keep it." She said still staring directly into his eyes.

She could see what she was saying was irritating him, mostly because he ignored Gia the entire time she was talking to him.